New in Middelburg

braailegend

just moved to Middelburg(in the North [EDIT: Mpumalanga]) this week, from a Stellenbosch. Brought my bike with. I'm looking for some safe spots I can start to ride. I mostly ride light DH and aggressive single tracks, but middelburg seems kind of flat, haha.

Any ideas where I can go and what bike shops are decent?

Edited by braailegend

GoCycles, it is next to wonderpak spar. The owner is Harry, go and talk to him about routes and group rides.

Stellenbosch is mountainbiking heaven, but one needs to work, haha... Lived in the western cape for 29years

Go ride at Tranquilitas Adventure Farm, Waterval Bovenpost-32110-0-88008200-1428868794_thumb.jpegpost-32110-0-84272800-1428868799_thumb.jpeg Its an hours drive East on the N4.

Everything you want right there.post-32110-0-53530600-1428868477_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Bongoleo

Agreed 100%. Tranquilitas is awesome. not close enough for a daily ride, but well worth the weekend/day trip. 

Camp site is really good value as well.

Middelburg...... Singletracks....Yes.

Middelburg...... Downhill.....Nope.(It is similar to parts of the FS....Very Flat)

Best chance would be to talk/ride with some of the locals.

Go Cycles.....Would be a good place to start.

• 10 months later...

Havent been online in a while, but feel like riding this weekend. Anyone riding Saturday or Sunday? Dont really want to ride alone, a helmet is not protection enough, haha

Go Ride at Tranquilitas this weekend !!

See even guys on Pink Bikes are perfectly safe there.

post-32110-0-97980700-1456500917_thumb.jpgpost-32110-0-80543400-1456500919_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bongoleo