Campy chain Shimano cassette??

Veloce

I have a bit of a strange question, will a campy chainring and chain be compatable with a Shimano cassette, or are the spacings of the campy chain different to a shimano chain. In others words, I'm worried that the campy chain will not "align" and mesh with the teeth on the shimano cassette. 

You have spacing problems i was riding Campy groupset and campy cassette tried to use bliksempie race wheels with a shimano cassette and could not get the chain to line up.  When it worked on the top off the cassette it would not work on the bottom.

So rather stay campy on campy or shimano on shimano

We have no problems running Record Chains on Shimano cassettes. The only reason we use shimano cassettes is because our wheels came standard with them. The combination works so no reason to change it.

In fact my training wheel has a campy cassette on it and my racing wheel a shimano cassette. I use the same Record chain and I don't even have to adjust gears.

I think you should just use Record chain and Dura Ace cassette.

Good luck.

Between Amateur and myself, we have 4 sets of Campag wheels, (Bora Ultra, Shamal Ultra, Eurus and Scirocco G3's) all with a mix of Campag Cassettes. 

I have ridden all the wheels on both my Chorus equipped Cannondale and my Shimano 105 equipped Scott and i have no problems what so ever. No problems with teeth spacing, or slipping gears, or chain lining up etc. Infact i think the chorus cassette works better on my 105 than any shimano casette has ever worked on that bike. I train on the Scott daily with the Sciroccos and i if there was a problem i think i would have found it.

Maybe im just lucky, but it works for me!

You have some conflicting answers here and for good reason. Those that say it will not work are riding 9-speed and those that say it works are riding 10-speed.

9-Speed Shimano and Campag are not compatible whereas 10-speed is.

Having said that, all chainrings are compatible with all chains, no matter what speed from 7-speed upwards. Likewise chains on 9-speed, they're cross-compatible and in my view, a Shimano 9-speed chain is quieter on Campag 9-speed drivetrain than with a Campag 9-speed chain.

Never fear trying something. It can't hurt and if it works, it works.