Gone back to road

Chris NewbyFraser

To the OP, sorry that your health has dictated what you now can and can't ride. But at least you can still ride!! That's all that matters. Enjoy it.

I've broken bones on trails more than once but the most painful crash in my mind is still the 70km/h body onto tar road bail.

Falling on a MTB happens when you either are not paying enough attention, run out of skill or if something unforeseen occurs. If you ride within your skill level it's fairly easy to keep the rubber side down. The hard part is recognising where your skill level sits and identifying situations in time which could exceed them. If you arent happy where your skills are then you should work on the them in a safe environment with guys like Peach, Amy or myself who know how to correct your bad habits.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you arent happy where your skills are then you should work on the them in a safe environment with guys like Peach, Amy or myself who know how to correct your bad habits.

My sister went on one of Amy's skills clinic's, money well spent, her riding immediately improved dramatically.

• 1 month later...

Now that I have completed my reverse conversion to road, I need guidance. How can I stop my knees smacking my boep when I am on the drops...............Before some smartass tells me to get fit, please note I ride for pleasure, not to look sexy (I just can't get into this last category, no matter how many mirrors I ask))

Archived