Adventure road bikes

DanielJhb

I'm looking at buying a spez diverge for some road/pavement riding and for the 94.7 and argus. Has anyone ridden one that can give some input as to how this bike (or similar bikes from other brands) rides compared to a usual road bike? Any input and alternative suggestions would be most appreciated

I'm riding on a Spez Crux as my commuter of choice and loving it.

The Crux is a true cyclocross bike, so a bit more aggressive in geometry than the diverge and other 'adventure' bikes, so it rides like a racing pony. Nearly as quick and responsive as my road bike, only lacking a bit on the top end speed. So fun on the tarmac.

Offroad its a dream on 'grond pad'. I am a full 3 minutes faster than my on my mountainbike when riding the local 25km loop.

I'm riding on a Spez Crux as my commuter of choice and loving it.

The Crux is a true cyclocross bike, so a bit more aggressive in geometry than the diverge and other 'adventure' bikes, so it rides like a racing pony. Nearly as quick and responsive as my road bike, only lacking a bit on the top end speed. So fun on the tarmac.

Offroad its a dream on 'grond pad'. I am a full 3 minutes faster than my on my mountainbike when riding the local 25km loop.

I was looking at the crux but I have a mountain bike and no road bike so I was leaning more towards the diverge which sits inbetween the crux and an endurance roadie in terms of intended use

In my mind the Crux is closer to a road bike as it has very much the same geometry as the Spez Tarmac, but I have been known to be wrong in the past.

Built a CX bike and love it - so slightly OT - but do it.

Get discs as well - hydraulic preferably.

You wont look back when you turn left on to the dirt on the way home and leave all your roadie mates behind

Edited by IQ of 2

I'm looking at buying a spez diverge for some road/pavement riding and for the 94.7 and argus. Has anyone ridden one that can give some input as to how this bike (or similar bikes from other brands) rides compared to a usual road bike? Any input and alternative suggestions would be most appreciated

Take a browse through this thread for interest...

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/145453-building-a-cyclo-cross-bike/

Drop me a message if you're keen on the options I have available.

I wanted a Crux for pretty much the same reasons you've mentioned.

Then the Diverge was released... and I'm glad I got one. The Elite A1, retail was around the 15 mark.

It's awesome and I LOVE mine!

I highly recommend it!

Here're some pics to give you an idea of where I've taken it, handles pretty much anything.

post-6012-0-15605500-1430755575_thumb.jpg

post-6012-0-52122100-1430755582_thumb.jpg

post-6012-0-92650600-1430755599_thumb.jpg

other thread on here about them.

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/146536-specialized-diverge-gravel-grinders/

otherwise,as has been mentioned, get hold of Ryanpmb.

Edited by L.T.G

i hate you all ..... ^_^  ok so not really. Cant wait till the frame gets a build. Only one or two months more of saving for some wheels :)