2x11 Gearing for Sani2c

Keithc

I know this topic has been debated in some detail, but I would be very keen to know, especially from the guys that just rode the Joberg2c on what front Chainring they rode.

Cheers

Keith

I know its 2x10 but i have done 3 sani's using 42-28 and 11-36 with no problems..only really needed to go into the 28 for that steep climb after WP3 on day 1 push of a hill  after nandos and that steep climb on day 3 in the reserve.....and oh...thats 26" gearing

Rode Joberg2c on 1x11 with 34tooth front chainring.

Only grinded a bit on push of a climb after WP2 on day 2.

Rode Joberg2c on 1x11 with 34tooth front chainring.

+1

ON DAY 6 (not part of sani) i went to 32 but it was my head more than my legs

I am a rider that likes to spin up hills. Have been using a 32 tooth 1 x 11 setup and decided to change that to a 30 tooth for Joberg2C. Best decision I could have made. All the climbs except "push of a climb" was easy and had no issues of sticking to my partner on the flats with his 2 x 10. Hope this helps. 

Thanks so far all. I guess it all depends on your own particular strengths an riding style...

I know this topic has been debated in some detail, but I would be very keen to know, especially from the guys that just rode the Joberg2c on what front Chainring they rode.

Cheers

Keith

38/24 up front with 11-36 cassette on a 29'er (that's a 2 x 10)

Archived