Nissan Trialseeker Gauteng - Bundu Bash 30 May

Cas_1

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is no way that the top 15 riders is from L,D,B groups * my opinion* . We did the double loop (on the 40km) due to no marker, not for following the lead bike. Kudos for the race organisers to rectify the marker we hear, but yes hope they look at the results....

Good race thanx all. :-)

Nice race. Only complaint is the Koos from J Batch in the 40km with an Epic cyscle shirt that had to pass everyone that was standing at a bottleneck. If you read this, you are a KOOS. MTB law indicates that their will always be ONE.

Yeah, there by the dump site we were supposed to turn right, unfortunately there wasn't a route marker, and we made a left turn. Only after we did the extra loop, they fixed the markings for the 40k. Bit of a unnecessary mistake that cost a few guys podium. But its the first time I ever encouter a problem like this at a Trailseeker. Other than this, it was a great event!

There is no way that the top 15 riders is from L,D,B groups * my opinion* . We did the double loop (on the 40km) due to no marker, not for following the lead bike. Kudos for the race organisers to rectify the marker we hear, but yes hope they look at the results....

And those riders from L,D,B all passed the lead bike and finished before it?? Go figure. Apparently those who did double or even in some cases triple loops are being sorted out but it shouldn't happen. Apparently they ran out of marker boards = not good enough in my opinion.

And those riders from L,D,B all passed the lead bike and finished before it?? Go figure. Apparently those who did double or even in some cases triple loops are being sorted out but it shouldn't happen. Apparently they ran out of marker boards = not good enough in my opinion.

Glad the guys/girls that did double/triple loops are being sorted out.

Someone from L wouldn't pass the lead bike because they started a lot later they just finished quicker, but I don't see how someone from those low down batches can get such a quick time and pass so many before them to manage the time - especially on the single track climb after Buffelsdrift. I had friends who started in L and they said the traffic due to lack of skill and fitness was horrible - but you expect that if you start in the last batch...

It was a good race as usual.

Only one issue... they need to sort out the publishing of results. Nothing yet (following day) on SMS, SpectrumSport, Jumpertrax or the Trailseeker site. Is it really that complicated to get the results out on the same day?

Only one issue... they need to sort out the publishing of results. Nothing yet (following day) on SMS, SpectrumSport, Jumpertrax or the Trailseeker site. Is it really that complicated to get the results out on the same day?

The website link for the result is on the previous page...

Sometimes it helps if one reads other people's posts ^_^ 

Damn....that was a fast one!

I couldn't keep up in the first 30km, averaging only 26km/h, with what feels like everyone passing me!

Made up a few places with the climbs though and a couple on the tech sections, but I seriously need to find out how to increase my "flat" speed!

Any suggestions?

pedal damit....

You just need to know where to look. They were available early yesterday afternoon already...

www.livetime.co.za

Thanks. That's the problem. This changes all the time. Surely it's not too much to have a link on the actual event site, Trailseeker?

I've been riding these since the start... SS timing board, Spectrum Sport time, Jumpertrax entries, and throughout the results have been somehow shifted between these sites. Now Livetime? Who is livetime?

It's simple, just put a 'Results' button on the event page which links it to the results wherever Trailseeker wishes to shift them to. Better yet, please email the link to all participants after the event. You have all our details.

But that's just me, average joe who does not have time to read 11 pages of posts to get a link to something very simple.

The problem with rectifying the time is that the front end of the A batch did 3 loops and others in the batch 2 loops. From B batch it was only 1 loop. So how do the organisers fix this as it is impossible to determine which riders did 2 or 3 loops? I showed Fritz Pienaar my son's Strava data which shows a time of 1:41. This is confirmed by his Endomondo time of also 1:41 having done 3 loops. Now to add insult to injury his time is captured at 1:47 on Livetime. This applies to some other riders who did 3 loops but not all. The same happened recently at the "Fast One" 40 km race where the first 5 riders had 5 minutes added to there time with the organisers not willing to rectify this notwithstanding forwarding them the Endomondo link. The fact of the matter is these boys train hard, race hard and are then screwed by inefficiency.

The problem with rectifying the time is that the front end of the A batch did 3 loops and others in the batch 2 loops. From B batch it was only 1 loop. So how do the organisers fix this as it is impossible to determine which riders did 2 or 3 loops? I showed Fritz Pienaar my son's Strava data which shows a time of 1:41. This is confirmed by his Endomondo time of also 1:41 having done 3 loops. Now to add insult to injury his time is captured at 1:47 on Livetime. This applies to some other riders who did 3 loops but not all. The same happened recently at the "Fast One" 40 km race where the first 5 riders had 5 minutes added to there time with the organisers not willing to rectify this notwithstanding forwarding them the Endomondo link. The fact of the matter is these boys train hard, race hard and are then screwed by inefficiency.

I could not agree more. There is no way that they can adjust times on an equitable basis. My son was in the chase group behind the leaders and after passing the same spot more than once and trying to double back, they ended up in front of the leaders. He realised this and backed off from competing, but clearly many others did not. Results are a joke and should be scrapped. 

Race was great, liked the new changes to the race. I was also in B batch, so we did a extra loop. At the end of the day over 1100 people finished the race. I hope the guy with the broken leg is ok. Nissan still has the best water points. My one buddy was in E batch and finished the race with broken collarbone. Now you say no seeding cause A and B batch did a extra loop or two. What about the other 900 plus people. A and B batch will remain in A and B in the next Nissan race. Sometimes we need to think about all the other people doing the races ..It will all sort it's self out in the end. Again a great race and thanks to Nissan.

I could not agree more. There is no way that they can adjust times on an equitable basis. My son was in the chase group behind the leaders and after passing the same spot more than once and trying to double back, they ended up in front of the leaders. He realised this and backed off from competing, but clearly many others did not. Results are a joke and should be scrapped. 

I'm really sorry for your son and it's really a crappy thing to have happened, but on the other side of the story, my son was in batch B, missed seeding by 1 point for batch A and he raced his heart out, same as your son, and made really good time so I don't think it's fair to say that results should be scrapped? :unsure:

The route marker issue on the 40 was annoying I was in the leading group.

Top riders stopping to find any form of direction. Not cool and not fair!!

This is what we do!! RACE. NOT get lost!

l

Archived