Critérium du Dauphiné 2015

tombeej

The breakaway is at the base of the Col du Rousset. At 13.8km long and avg Gradient of 5.4% this is the biggest test of the day.

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After breaking clear earlier in the race, Julian Alaphilippe and Maxime Bouet, the two Frenchmen from Etixx-Quick Step quit the Dauphiné.

7 riders have pulled out so far during today's stage. None seem to be from crashes though.

After 116km of racing which included 4 categorized climbs the avg speed for the day so far is 44km/h.

7 riders have pulled out so far during today's stage. None seem to be from crashes though.

After 116km of racing which included 4 categorized climbs the avg speed for the day so far is 44km/h.

Make that 8

Arnold Jeannesson (FDJ) pulls out

The time gap between the three breakaway riders and the Van Garderen-Froome's group is again three minutes in the ascent to the main climb of the day, the col du Rousset.

The chasing group is led by a rider from AG2R-La Mondiale 3.10 behind the leading quintet.

Nacer Bouhanni who was courageously racing with the favorites has been dropped from the yellow-blue jersey group in the ascent to col du Rousset. The five leaders are 2.55 ahead.

In the third hour of racing, the five leaders have covered 40.8km. Average speed since the start: 41.8km/h.

Nibali attacks in the ascent to col du Rousset. Rui Costa reacts. Valverde also makes the junction but Tony Gallopin and Tony Martin can't follow.

My child eater is doing things..and I am not home to watch it..[emoji85] [emoji15] [emoji33] [emoji24]

Vincenzo Nibali does all the work at the front with Valverde and Rui Costa in his slipstream 3km before the summit. Yellow-blue jersey group at 2.55.

Result of 1st cat. KOM at km 132:

1. Vincenzo Nibali, 10 points

2. Alejandro Valverde, 8

3. Rui Costa, 6

At 0.25:

4. Tony Gallopin, 4

5. Tony Martin, 2

Making Nibali to second place in the KOM, with 16 points behind Daniel T's 33 Points

Go Nibali!! :clap:

I don't know what happened with the sedated approach, but I don't care..POWER!!

The Tony's, Gallopin and Martin, bridge the gap to Nibali, Valverde and Costa in the downhill.

Archived