[Event] Momentum Weekend Argus Knysna Cycle Tour: Road Races

JeannineOrz

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Conditions were perfect. My race came to an end at the 50km mark when my tubbie came off. Thanks to the two ladies and one guy that called the ambulance. Lots of roasties  :thumbdown:

And for those who dont believe in helmets LOL.....hope this sways you.

Eina! 

Yeah, saw you went down. Couldn't figure out what went wrong. I recall you pulling away from the group and then we saw you just go down.

Managed to get a 3:31 on MTB Full-sus. Hard day to keep up with the downhill but awesome route. Will definitely be back next year to improve on MTB and Road race!

Lucky to have such awesome trails in SA.  :clap:  :clap:

Managed a 3:15. I have to admit that I was holding on for  dear life for most of the way. Just couldn't help out at the front of our little group. At least managed to help a fellow rider out after he got stranded after a flat 8 km from the finish line.  :blush:

Finished 3:36. Wasn't terribly impressed with the winners interview over the PA. My wife said that language used left a lot to be desired. I don't care how " fxxxxxg tough" as he put it, there were loads of kids there. Gets off, throws the bike down and proceeds to use that kind of language?

How was it??? 

I decided to start in AA with Winstonian but then lost him on the 1st climb trying to go with the front of AA group but I was to far back and I couldn't close the gap on that long nasty climb so we formed a 2nd group and we stayed together for most of the race.

I struggled a bit tho with cramps and clearly my race form is not quite there yet  but I am happy with a 3h32.

I will def be back next year and at least now I know the full route as that really helps a lot.

Archived