Best place to go riding for the weekend, around 2 hours out of JHB

Hi 

Would appreciate your advice regarding where to go riding. Looking at doing a weekend away but not too far.

Thanks

A few places in brits( Dikololo is one), Mabalingwe (but don't go next weekend as its the lionman, Also not sure how much you can ride when there isn't a race??? as they have eliphant), Sondela. Also a camp site just before mabalingwe called mbizi, they are on a game farm.

I'v been to all of these(but only been to mabalingwe when the races where on so check if you can ride there first)

• 10 months later...

A new guest lodge opened at the beginning of 2016 in Sterkrivier Limpopo Province. This guest lodge is targeted specifically at Mountain Bikers and is situated on a 1400 ha private game. The lodge can cater for up to 10 people at a time, and is ideal for family or small group getaways. The lodge is 280km from JHB. For more information, please visit www.roundstonelodge.co.za or www.facebook.com/roundstonelodge.

My favourite has become Doringdraai. About 240km from Edenvale.

Dammed good value for money lodges, and brilliant MTB riding.

My wife has finally had the MTB bug bite, and we now intend heading out there every few weeks. Just actually gotten back from a weekend there.

Archived