Groupset Compatibility

CTJ

I'm hoping some experts out there can assist me with this... I'm running a 10 speed campy groupset except my crank which is FSA.  

Due to campy casette's and chains not being available freely and being very expensive, I'm toying with the idea of using a SRAM casette and chain with my campy shifters and deraileurs?

Who has experience in this as how well this will work? I'm told that SRAM will work better than Shimano as the casette spacing is closer as well as chain width.

Any other suggestions will also be welcome!

Two things to consider.

1. A bike mechanic and people of the Hub told me it would work. I just could not get the shifting smooth enough. It was terrible. Maybe a more experienced mechanic would have got it to work.

2. If you want to run Sram, you will have to replace the freebody or wheel. The Sram cassette will not fit your current Campag freebody.

There was a time that BBB made a Campag cassette that was significantly cheaper. Perhaps contact a bike shop that stocks BBB products and ask them if they can get one for you.

I haven't seen it work properly on 10spd,

i know it works 100% for 11spd with using a shimano cluster and a sram X-glide chain.

Shifting is compromised.

Campagnolo is available locally from any reputable store. Might not be a stock item but available from J&J Cycles.

Contact simo or jmk1 here. 10 spd Campy is only expensive if you buy the titanium versions. Get yourself a cheaper training cassette and one for special days. I have a friend who ran Shitmano cassette with his Campy. When he replaced it with Campy cassette he couldnt stop raving how smooth it ran.

Archived