Calling all WC lady roadies

Maru

Hi there,

First time posting something here. I want to do the coronation double century but I don't have a team. Any one who can help me with this?

Also would be nice to have a group to start training (I cycle every day but not long rides)

Thanks!

Edited by Maru

Hi Maru

Post some more info about yourself.

like where you ride, distance and average speed.

This way hubbers can get a better idea of what you are looking for. Also start riding longer distances. At some point a century ride should feel easy at a moderate speed. The DC is tough and require many hours in the saddle. Good luck.

Hi Maru.

Good on you for posting your first post  :thumbup:

DC is tough and as Jakkels said, you'll have to start getting the long rides in.

Start riding with clubs and you'll soon connect with the right people and organise yourself in a DC team if you keep your ears to the ground.

Good luck!

Hi again!
Thanks for answering to my post. Well my avarage speed is 30km/h and I think a team that aims for 7 hrs would be nice. I would love to have a team to train with, at the moment my 2 friends who cycle with me, are all in group A or elite so no a chance to train with them.

So...avarage team, hello? hehe

Thanks!

I think you chased all the men away Marusa with your 30 km/h - I think if you can av that over 3 hours then you should be in a better than av girls team.

hahaha hilarious!!! I cycle every day from Town to Table view cause I work there, wind, no wind, rain, no rain...but I do not see many girl on road bicycles, a few mountain bikes (my first love ^_^ ). Any ways...if anyones knows about a team, let me know! I wrote to the outriders, only because they are in Table view. :w00t:

Hi im a member of city cycling club we meet up in Edgemead & have 3 teams in the DC we having every second week a DC training ride you welcome to join us & see hoe it goes my name is Nathan 0832994503

Hi Maru,

Welcome to The Hub. From past experience looking for help and advice may I suggest you change the thread title to something like "Calling all WC lady roadies".

Chances are you will get better and relevant advice from and that way WC cyclists will know gotham called.

Happy riding!

Hi Iwan, Thanks! I just changed the title of the post

:thumbup:

:thumbup:  Sorted, or should we get the word out on this one for you?

:thumbup:  Sorted, or should we get the word out on this one for you?

Yes, that would help :) Gracias

Hi Maru, my wife is interested in a lady DC team. She's strong. Have you found a team?

Hi There, not, I don't have a team. Maybe you can tell her to contact me.

Thanks!

Hi There, not, I don't have a team. Maybe you can tell her to contact me.

Thanks!

Can you PM me your number so I can get her to send you a message? Thanks