Heart rate per/min

Hi all, I want to know all ur guys or gals heart rate. I want to know what is a Normal persons average heart rate and a intremidiat. I'm 14 and my heart rate is 85 beats per/min. This would help me. Thanks all

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just asked the wife as she is a medic,she says between 50 - 100 beeps per/min is where you should be.The closer you get to 50 the fitter you are,and closer to a 100 will be less fit.

If that is your resting heart rate then it is on the high side.

you all so have to average it out, one reading is not good enough

As mentioned above, is that your resting heart rate? After sitting down for a while? Running around?

Depending on the situation, your heart rate will vary considerably

the difference between your resting heart rate and your max HR is an indication of your fitness

your bloody pressure is an indication of your health

if you have concerns about either go get a check up at your GP or clinic before engaging in strenuous exercise

According to the missus a resting heart rate of 85 bpm is a bit high,she views herself as 'unfit' and her resting heart rate is around 82 bpm.

So is 85 bpm bad or good

I'm sure one of the medical people will chime in sooner or later....

Dunno if its good info but I have often read that average resting heart rate of a normal healthy adult is 72

Your heartrate is affected by your age, fitness, level of recent activity, medication, coffee intake, altitude, stress and others. Since we don't know any of these details it is difficult to put your 85 bpm rate into context. Since you are young it would be normal for it to be a bit faster than average adults.

When I first saw your post earlier I had been sitting quietly in my office for a while . My heartrate was 63. I am in Pmb (700m asl), 50 yr old and moderately fit. Had several cups of filter coffee today but only 1 since lunch. If I just walk down the passage to the printer it goes up into the 70s or low 80s

Dalton I'm a VERY old toppie (60yrs) - when I'm well trained and ready for the Argus my resting bpm is at about 48 (I'm lazy so a higher bpm would be like too much work) At guns blazing and near to death my bpm is at 185 have peaked 195. Normal resting (unfit) bpm is 60.

At your age aim for about 60 to 65bpm and when you get there - take the next step.

It will take some time - your body needs to adapt. DO NOT try and do it in two weeks.

Also google is your friend - plenty written about it.

V12 is your man here.

I'm 28, average fitness and my resting rate is 61. But haven't checked in a while now. Max I get to about 178-181, and average on a moderate to hard 3 hour cycle is about 150-155.

Ok thanks guys . Do u guys think a blood pressure meter with a heart rate monitor accurate?

Ok thanks guys . Do u guys think a blood pressure meter with a heart rate monitor accurate?

It will be accurate if the equipment works properly and the person using it knows what they doing. As the folks said, too many variables so you need to take your resting heart rate daily, at the same time, e.g when you wake, do so for a week and then you will get your avg resting heart rate. you just need to move then it moves up, so consistency is key.

Last night I was just laying in bed putting baba to sleep and I was at 48bpm. I'm 39.

Archived