[Event] 20th Barberton XCM MTB Challenge 2016

Barberton XCM MTB

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only missed one Barberton race since 2009, so will see you there next year Ben.

Have a score to settle with that marathon climb.

Mmmmm.... at least you know what to expect :)

Can't wait to see all of you there. Please spread the word

I cant wait!! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Love your quote... 

As long as we get another of your excellent stories around the canoeing adventures! Good luck - hope it works out, but Barberton's not a bad backup plan...

We are not sure what we should be hoping for... but either way, Good luck should be in order

Event Name: 20th Barberton XCM MTB Challenge 2016

When: 30 January 2016

Where: Barberton High School, Mpumalanga, Mpumulanga

Category: MTB

We believe celebrations are at the order of the day, with this race marking our 20th race!

We look forward to seeing the regulars and the new be's at the race.

If you have any suggestions and comments, please let us know!

Save the date and see you there

Go to Event Page

Maybe just a suggestion - this year that grassy singletrack winding upwards through the forest on top of the mountain was not great.  It was not challenging enough to make us feel we accomplished something, but also not flowing to be enjoyable, it really just sapped time and energy.

Rest of the route is just brilliant, see you in January

He's had a rough couple of weeks because he was at Loftus the week before and experienced the first half humiliation by the Lions. By now that is insignificant compared to the Springbok defeat, but it still hurt...

He's definitely going to Barberton - also considering the Ultra this time around! We're doing the Berg & Bush together in a couple of weeks and use it as the start of the base training for Barberton... 

Game on boys!

Maybe just a suggestion - this year that grassy singletrack winding upwards through the forest on top of the mountain was not great.  It was not challenging enough to make us feel we accomplished something, but also not flowing to be enjoyable, it really just sapped time and energy.

Rest of the route is just brilliant, see you in January

Thank you for the feedback - I'll make sure it reaches the correct people.

• 3 months later...

Is that campground in town still operational? It had been up for sale by the council (no doubt some junior Councillor wanted a new Merc.)

+1 on this question...? I phoned and the number doesn't exist... 

Is it still around?