Mangaung Cycle Classic 2015

CTJ

Email or text. AL at 6:05. Is there an elites/vets group at 6?

Not that I am aware of, maybe a tandems group

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Struggling to focus at work. Just gotta kill enough time to get through to lunch and then w00h00 - long weekend baby!

Done safely, managed to stick to the bunch until the Harrismith climb. Got a 2h40m21s, saw only one small fall so it was pretty nice.

I hear the BL and CL had some route mix ups.

Edit: updated with official time

2h45 for me!  Happy considering I did the last 30km with only 3 other guys.

Now time to focus on 94.7!!

I hear the BL and CL had some route mix ups.

I was AL and we also had a mix up, did 3km extra. 

I was AL and we also had a mix up, did 3km extra. 

Where did that happen?

I guess with so many turns the route signs were not clear enough, for such problems to happen in all the start groups, or maybe not enough marshalls?

A friend of mine was in BL, they somehow took a wrong right turn near the start. Another two people I know started in CL, and they took a wrong left turn, also near the start.

I found the route PDFs that were available to be a bit vague and small; would be great if next time they would also make an official GPX file or similar available.

Where did that happen?

I guess with so many turns the route signs were not clear enough, for such problems to happen in all the start groups, or maybe not enough marshalls?

A friend of mine was in BL, they somehow took a wrong right turn near the start. Another two people I know started in CL, and they took a wrong left turn, also near the start.

I found the route PDFs that were available to be a bit vague and small; would be great if next time they would also make an official GPX file or similar available.

It was at the end of the loop at the airport we went straight and almost did the loop again 

Archived