Travel through South Africa and then Africa and Europe

Hi everyone I am looking to cycle around South Africa. No fixed plans or fixed dates but I am leaving soon, if there is anybody out there that would like to join me for all or part of the journey please let me know email solsouth@gmail.com. I am then setting off through Africa to where ever the roads may take me. Oh I am towing a trailer with my 2 Jack Russell's aboard.

I wish you all the very best on this fantastic journey. The missus and I came down a reverse route, Europe, Africa to SA back in 1992/3. I treasure those memories. I envy you! A wonderful thing to do. Surely it will be difficult with the mutts, border crossings come to mind. Anyway, good luck and stay safe!

Taking pets across borders is a real tricky issue that needs some serious research.

I think some countries have 6 week quarantine periods. And you have to make sure all the vaccines are up to date. You will need your rabies titre test results with you. Originals, not copies or even stamped copies.

But enjoy the journey!

Make sure on the regulations regarding your pooches into and out of various countries. The potential of your dogs not being allowed back into SA is a reality. We've travelled with ours and it is a schlepp!

• 4 months later...

What happened to this here thread, OP still going to travel.

Here is a pic of the missus and I on the Kings Highway, Jordan, December 1992, *** quality as it is an iPad photo of the original!post-52292-0-00348900-1449591842_thumb.jpg

Here is a pic of the missus and I on the Kings Highway, Jordan, December 1992, *** quality as it is an iPad photo of the original!attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Looks like you heading South :thumbup:  :whistling:

Here is a pic of the missus and I on the Kings Highway, Jordan, December 1992, *** quality as it is an iPad photo of the original!attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Awesome... that's what happens when you post from the northern hemisphere on a southern hemisphere forum with an apple product :whistling:

Post some pics of your journey on the "where has your bike taken you thread"

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/93073-where-has-your-bike-taken-you-today/page-351

Awesome... that's what happens when you post from the northern hemisphere on a southern hemisphere forum with an apple product :whistling:

Post some pics of your journey on the "where has your bike taken you thread"

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/93073-where-has-your-bike-taken-you-today/page-351

Ha ha, thats a good one! Yeah, I must get some of the pics and slides (remember those!!) into digital and post, have 1000's.

Archived