What to buy?

Harveyspector

Im looking at upgrading pretty soon, the two options that I have are either the SwiftCarbon Ultravox RS-1 with Ultegra 11 speed mechanical or the Vitus Vitesse Vri with Ultergra 11 speed Di2. Both will cost R36k. What would be the better buy? I wont have to pay duties on the Vitus, I will get it in via family. Thoughts please.

Just make sure about the duties there might be a maximum allowable amount.

There is a max on what is termed as a gift.

Contact SARS

Get the Swift................for no reason other than warranty reasons. Any problem with the Vitus and you'll have to post it back to Chain Reaction (I assume you are buying it there as it is now their in house brand).

You will have to pay duties, family means nothing. The moment that bike lands in SA SARS will be there with their invoice book wanting the duties and the VAT (you pay a higher rate of VAT if the item is imported).

Swift will be a much better quality anyway

What Eugene says is sensible, but I vote Vitus!

Reason is selfish, just tired of seeing the same brands all over the road!  

Good Luck! 

To further complicate the matter a Merida Scultura with Ultegra 11 speed di2 is now also in the picture any advice?

To further complicate the matter a Merida Scultura with Ultegra 11 speed di2 is now also in the picture any advice?

So, if you choose the Merida, you get a locally sourced bike with full Ultegra Di2 components.  What are you waiting for?  The Merida with mechanical Ultegra is R10k cheaper!

Archived