Price Guide Pls. 105 5600 Black Groupset (ex crank)

T-Bob

I've always looked at posts when people asked 'how much is my bike worth' and wondered how they couldn't know a rough value. Now I'm in the same position and actually don't have much of a clue what my 2011 Shimano 105 5600 (Black) is worth on the market.

It's the group set but with out the BB or crank but includes:  

- Brakes

- 11/ 28 Ultegra cassette (+/- 400kms)

- STIs

- Front mech

- Rear mech

- Chain (sub 300kms)

- Cables

I'd say the condition is about 7.5 out of 10. Some scrapes on the STi's and from being knocked over by the automatic gate are the only issues. The shifting is still crisp and sharp and the brakes have Swiss stop pads. 

So brains trust of the hub... what would this go for? I've looked through past sales and there is quite a range. 

A new 105 11 spd gruppo without crank online is about R4500 landed here. I would start at about 2k for your gruppo. Just my opinion of course. You will probably get even less than that.

Edited by Cippo

On another angle what are the duties on payable on a group set?

I'm looking at getting the ultegra kit without crank (if my wheels will take the cassette or I can get an American Classic 11 sp free hub)

I tend to agree with Cippo.

Might get more if you split and sell?...

VAT plus a handling fee applicable. No duties on parts.

Edited by Ryanpmb

I'm looking at getting the ultegra kit without crank (if my wheels will take the cassette or I can get an American Classic 11 sp free hub)

No duties, only 14% vat plus 1-2% handling fee.

My go to website, www.bike24.com. Prices initially include EU tax. As soon as you choose SA as your country it removes it. Postage is € 20-40 depending on size of package.

I've been looking at Merlin. They are killing it on prices vs CRC, PBK and wiggle, will check b24. Need to reduce pommy vat tax.

Just trying to work out the best way to bring in. Post and minus vat or via my brother on a coue of weeks time with a canyon frame for a mate, baby seat, bike bits and whatnot.