Bonus

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to the Website, SS8 at 12H30.

Mmm. You right. My Explora decoder still says 13h30. But its live now

Edit: Spelling

YOH the fact that moviestar have so many riders in that 2e group on the ride should be a concern for the GC guys. . They are going to make this very difficult for the guys today

Tom has been dropped and trailing almost 2min behind Aru and Purito. Astana seem to driving hard for Aru extending gap to red jersey. Hopefully they burnout and Purito drops them and Aru on last climb.

Shame arme Tommy D

Astana tactics have panned out as planned.. such a shame.. oh well hope he can hang on for a podium spot..he really deserves it

Shame arme Tommy D

Astana tactics have panned out as planned.. such a shame.. oh well hope he can hang on for a podium spot..he really deserves it

Dumoulin is 2:30 down on the Aru group and runs the very real risk of losing even the consolation of a place on the podium.

Nairo Quintana attacks from the Aru group in a bid to move his way into the top four - or better. Majka follows immediately, while Aru's Landa guard are happy to maintain their current tempo.

Plaza looked out for the count before the Puerto de la Morcuera, but he still has 1:36 in hand on the chasers with just under 3 kilometres of climbing to go. The Spaniard, remember, attacked alone with 114 kilometres remaining.

Quintana and Mijka have pulled away from Aru and Purito. Plaza on the descent to finish with a gap of 1:48 to chasers.

This could well be Landa's final act in the Astana jersey and he has put in a man of the match performance in the service of Aru this afternoon. The Basque's forcing on the Morcuera laid the groundwork for Aru's attack and Dumoulin's collapse, and he is on the front once again on the Puerto de Cotos, setting a very brisk tempo indeed.

Aru's Astana guard remain fixed on the front of the group of favourites. As it stands, the Sardinian is set to win the Vuelta a Espana. The only question now is whether Rodriguez and Quintana will be happy to take a free ride from Astana or if they will look to tack on attacks of their own as the summit draws near.

Mikel Nieve (Sky) finally puts in a token effort to relieve Dumoulin, but it's not much help to the Dutchman at this juncture. The Giant-Alpecin team car draws alongside him and Dumoulin barely glances up. What is there to say at this point?

Ruben Plaza leads over the top of the Cotos. VIsconti, Goncalves and De Marchi trail at 1:48. Quintana and Majka are at 4:45. The Aru group is at 5:15, while Dumoulin is 7:50 down.

Purito could be losing his second place to Mijka. He had 1:07 on Mijka at start of stage. Quintana could be moving into 3rd as well. Get your calculators out at finish.

Archived