Rechargeable tail-light

Jonesy

Hi all. I'm looking for a good quality usb-rechargeable tail that is fairly powerful. I'm not very happy with the cheaper battery powered ones I've bought so far. As I do mostly road-riding, a reliable, decent tail-light is a must in JHB. Any suggestions please? Thanks guys

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

+1 for the Serfas Thunderbolt, and I'd just like to mention, I lost one of the rubber straps that secure's the light to my seatpost, contacted Trevor from Serfas, and a new strap is being couriered to my LBS.

So a great light and great after sales service from Serfas.

Serfas thunderbolt. Best rear light ever!!

This.

I have a cabled rear light which I now never use.

The Serfas Thunderbolt is really bright and easy to install and uninstall. Fits your charging requirement too.

About R300 - R400 if I'm not mistaken.

Alternatively the Knog Blinder is a good option.

Ryder rebar is awesome and at only R200 its a bargain.

Its nice and bright and it has many different functions.

Ryder rebar is awesome and at only R200 its a bargain.

Its nice and bright and it has many different functions.

also using this, great light with about 7 different settings. On dim flashing mode, which is still quite bright, it lasts about 6-7 hours or so good run time. Great value for R200.

SPECIALIZED FLUX EXPERT TAILLIGHT, NON MORE POWERFUL. USB CHARGED LASTS ABOUT 9 HOURS. RATED 110 LUMEN. ON PULSE MODE I AM VISIBLE ALMOST 1 KM AWAY IN DAYLIGHT. FELLOW CYCLISTS DON'T ENJOY RIDING BEHIND ME BECAUSE OF THE BRIGHTNESS. BIT EXPENSIVE, PICKED IT UP FOR R900. AUTO ADJUST FOR DANGER PERIODS SUCH AS SUNRISE AND SUNSET. VERY HAPPY WITH QUALITY

Thanks for all the replies, really appreciate your opinions. I'll look into the serfas, knog blinder and Ryder mainly, and make a choice. Cheers!

Just a heads up to anyone still interested in small tail/front lights: Takealot has a few of the Knog lights on their daily special page today (14 August 2015)

Thanks for all the replies, really appreciate your opinions. I'll look into the serfas, knog blinder and Ryder mainly, and make a choice. Cheers!

Archived