Advice on CUBE

slickjay007

Hi all,

I'm looking for some advice before purchasing a MTB CUBE Acid 29er Hardtail with regards to anybody who has had experience with this brand?

The Acid that I'm looking at is 15K and the specs for this bike are average to medium. Is it worth spending my hard earned cash on a new bike like this or rather look for a decent second hand version?

Also what is the support and backup service on this brand?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Sounds awesome then! In the 15K price bracket there are quite a few options to choose from but the Cubes seem a bit higher on the build quality.

Not sure on the hardtail options but I have had 3 CUBE dual suspension bikes ,currently ride an AMS HPC 29er.I never had a day's trouble with the previous 2 bikes.However,the current one is a brand new frame due to the rear triangle breaking(not cracking).It may have been caused by a fall but without visible evidence on the damaged area it was hard to prove.And having no local bike shop in KZN to deal with compounded my frustration levels.

Although the 2 guys who bring the brand in to the country are regarded as "standup guys"their service levels leave one feeling left out in the cold.Which is a huge pity.

Contact Cube South Africa through dealers, or their Facebook Page. I don't know if they still do it, but last year they still had 'Test days" at Groenkloof or Modderfontein where you can test a bike and see if you like it.

Never heard of CUBE before comming to Germany and I noticed it is considered a very well respected brand here. I bought the Cube Reaction 29er and love it.  Take note that I am a MTB newbie so would propably not be the best person to judge the bike but I am enjoying the bike.

This is the one I bought: http://www.cube.eu/en/bikes/mtb-hardtail/reaction/cube-reaction-gtc-pro-29-blackngreynwhite-2015/

Paid just short of 1600 Euros.  I have no idea what this bike would cost in SA though.

Had a Cube Acid 26er. Well specced bikes. Was a really good bike. Wish I didn't sell it.

Quality is high. Value and Spec is generally high for the bracket it is in. Would prefer the Reaction to the Acid.

Second hand is always an option and for your money you are going to get a lot of bike for 15k. Possibly even a 29er dual susser or similar.

Archived