Any Downhill Mountainbike Tracks in Gauteng currently?

Hbl

Hey guys, im pretty new to the hub. Riding mostly bmx and mtb half marathons. I want to get involved in the downhill riding here in Gauteng as I moved here from Mpumalanga. Any info will be a huge help! Tx.

Well you're in luck.... Have a look at Wolvespruit in Pretoria East (just off Rigel and the N1). Sounds like it's pretty much what you're looking for.

Currently there are 2 tracks:139 and Helderkruin. Join "Mountainbikers do it downhill" on Facebook for regular updates about ride days.

We are having an event at 139 on the 22nd and 23rd of August...everybody (that owns a trail, AM or DH bike and want to ride*) is welcome...more details will follow in the coming days!

*Even if you do not ride, and just want to watch , you are also welcome. ;)

There is 139 in Waterkloof and Helderkruin in Joburg. Join Mountainbikers do it downhill on FB. We have a race on 22 and 23 August at 139, you can swing by and have a look.

Edit: was 2min too late...

What he said as well⬆️

Great! Bring a shovel and get dirty lol. Tx for the headsup about the event and the info! Is the harties cableway open and if not how can I get it reopened?

Nope, not open. There are issues with the landowners, you can hear the whole story at the race, the guys know everything. We always appreciate a shovel!

Welcome to GP Dude :thumbup:

Should be a big group of us going to Wolwespruit on Saturday for a session from around 9am - Pull in.

They have a good sized jump line as well as pump track and various other skills bits - Trails too if you want to stretch you legs.

We may pop accross the road to 139 after for a quick run or two depending how we go at Wolwe.

Like Samurai Pizza Cat said, the event at 139 on August 22nd and 23rd will be a great event to attend. From what I've heard, there will be a bike or two and some kit available if you want to give it a bash and see what it's all about.

Check the event here - THE DUSTIN RUDMAN INVITATIONAL

And as the others above have already mentioned, def worth joining Mountainbikers do it downhill on facebook to keep in the know - Mountainbikers Do it Downhill Facebook Group

Tx Balta, I will def be there 2 check it out. I scoped out 139 today, went to the,culdesac. Is there anywhere safe to park safely during the week, or is the track group only works type of track?

Yeah, jut be careful there is a lot of guys sleeping there, at the top section and bottom section. I wouldn't go alone during the week but yes that is just me. You can ride whenever you want there, but it is always lekker when you are 5-6 guys shredding.

Archived