Advice needed

Andrew 32

Hi people bought my wife a merida tfs100 26 " and was ripped off big time my own fault as I should of done more homework! only found out after I took the bike in did they tell me the biggest problem is that the front fork is damaged and needs to be replaced one side is higher than the other. Don't have a lot of cash as I spent it on this bike thinking what a good deal!! Can one get anything for R700 used that is decent for her begin riding and maybe do some trail rides? Makes and brands also what tell signs to look out for before makeing the same mistake twice.

You could probably pick up a new Suntour fork for your budget. There are plenty of forks for sale on the Hub.

I got a brand new Suntour XCR fork for R450

Man that sucks. Had a similar-ish problem when I bought a entry level 2nd, 3rd, 4th.. (who knows!) bike for my gf. I see there's a Suntour fork available on the hub for R600, but you'll have to ship it without inspection.

On the other hand, if you plan to ditch the old fork anyways, could you maybe file the one side to compensate for the difference? But that's only if the difference is within a few millimeters.

Otherwise, ask Droo (username on the hub) from http://www.stokesuspension.com/ for some help - can never go wrong there.

Sorry about that only saw the price now

I've got a Suntour SR Raidon XC RL, Air, 100mm, with remote lock out lever.

Drop me a pm and we can sort something out if you're interested.

Sorry to hear about you being scammed Bud, not cool!

Good morning guys,I am busy with a "vintage" Road bike build and am wanting to get an idea on what a shimano 600 12 speed STI groupset would or should cost. I have been looking on e bay as these groupsets seam to be rather scarce and they are rarely put up for sale on our local platforms. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Jason

Guest notmyname

Good morning guys,I am busy with a "vintage" Road bike build and am wanting to get an idea on what a shimano 600 12 speed STI groupset would or should cost. I have been looking on e bay as these groupsets seam to be rather scarce and they are rarely put up for sale on our local platforms. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Jason

Morning dude. Ask on this thread https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/46935-retro-bicycle-thread/page-245?. There is a wealth of knowledge and very cool people who are passionate about all things retro. Post pictures of your build please.

Archived