Pedal Power Association

Event Name: PPA Tiletoria Elgin Valley MTB
When: 13 September 2015
Where: Elgin Valley, Western Cape
Category: MTB

Distances
MTB: 52 km; 47 km; 32 km; 11 km
Starting times

MTB: 08h15 (52km); 08h30 (47 km); 09h10 (32 km); 09h20 (11 km)

Venue
Paul Cluver Wine Estate, Grabouw
Enquiries
info@pedalpower.org.za or (021) 671-6340/4079
Cut-off / lucky draw
13h00
Entries close
7 September 2015 at 12h00 noon
Online entries
www.pedalpower.org.za
On-the-day late entries?
No, pre-entries only

ROUTE DESCRIPTION
Come and ride some of the most incredible trails in the Elgin Valley, including singletrack and wooden bridges built with PPA funding.

The tough 52 km route will be limited to 250 fit, experienced cyclists with a current PPA seeding of MA-MC and will include the testing climb and technical descent over Groenlandberg. Participants may be rerouted onto the 47 km in the event of adverse weather conditions.

The 47 km route will be a seeding event for the 2015 Wines2Whales and includes some 900 m of elevation. This route is not for beginners, nor unfit cyclists.

The 32 km route includes some 600m of elevation and several of the great singletrack sections of the 47 km route. The 11 km route is non-technical and suited to beginners and youngsters, and can be enjoyed as a trail run as well. The short MTB route and the trail run will be untimed.

DIRECTIONS TO VENUE
Take the N2 from Cape Town. Continue over Sir Lowry’s Pass past the Grabouw turn-off towards Bot River. Pass the Peregrine Farm Stall (on the right). Shortly thereafter, turn left at Kromco Apples to Paul Cluver on your left. GPS: 34°05′27.0″S 018°51′20.5″E

NOTES
· Pre-entries only, closing on Monday 7 September 12h00 mid-day or when 800 entries have been received, whichever comes first.
· Several food stalls will be offering tasty treats.
· Children u/12 will be allowed on the 11 km route and must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
· No helmet, no ride. No transponder, no time – PPA pays for its members to be electronically timed by Racetec. Remember to bring your PPA MTB seeded bike board, or collect yours at registration.

Go to Event Page

The tough 60 km route will be limited to 250 fit, experienced cyclists with a current PPA seeding of MA-MC and will include the testing climb and technical descent over Groenlandberg. Participants may be rerouted onto the 47 km in the event of adverse weather conditions.

so if i don't have a MA-MC or even a seeding at all, i can't do the 60km?

that's what it says. How about I give them my trainingpeaks files....?

link to strava KOMs....

PPA, welcome to the hub - we talk about you quite a bit, 

is there a place where i can find the entry fees? you just made me click through fifteen pages to find out that the 52km is R300. are we supposed to crowdsource this info?

Those entry fees!!! :eek:  

and to ride Paul Cluver, with a PPA membership is R10!

Mind blowing!!!

ok. 52/60km is R300

47km is R240

32km is R180

11km R100

11km trail run - R55 (relative bargain, but you probably won't get a time if you're not a PPA member)

fyi - here's the way in for the 60km

The tough 60 km route will be limited to 250 fit, experienced cyclists with a current PPA seeding of MA-MC or an index of 36 or less and will include the testing climb and technical descent over Groenlandberg. Participants may be rerouted onto the 47 km in the event of adverse weather conditions.
Riders who do not qualify in terms of the seeding requirement for this route can submit their motivations to Robert@pedalpower.org.za.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I'm looking for a Tiletoria Elgin Valley MTB entry - The 47km. Inbox me or mail me at eugenelnel@gmail.com. Cell: 0605331941

Hi, I'm looking for a Tiletoria Elgin Valley MTB entry - The 47km. Inbox me or mail me at eugenelnel@gmail.com. Cell: 0605331941

• Can my friend still enter? Sorry, entries have closed. No late entries, on-the-day entries or substitutions – we have already sent the entries file to the various service providers

So there is absolutely no way of entering this event? I would love to go so if anyone knows of a way please let me know.

So there is absolutely no way of entering this event? I would love to go so if anyone knows of a way please let me know.

Contact the organisers and ask them....

PPA, i get there to register, my entry is there, wifes is not. Now we need new PPA boards and then the lady guesses my wifes seeding after i tell her that its probably very close to mine because we usually ride together but she says no and gives me the crap board.

I ask her okay i drive all the way there to have less effort on sunday what i get back to the office and she has her seeding wrong, lady tells me in a irritated tone of voice then you can get a new board sunday morning.

I get back to the office and guess what, she needs to be in the same group as me.

Why if you cannot work with people are you in a job which requires you to work with people, and could she really not have just done a quick lookup (i am guessing PPA owns computers) and then everything would have been fine.

PPA, i get there to register, my entry is there, wifes is not. Now we need new PPA boards and then the lady guesses my wifes seeding after i tell her that its probably very close to mine because we usually ride together but she says no and gives me the crap board.

I ask her okay i drive all the way there to have less effort on sunday what i get back to the office and she has her seeding wrong, lady tells me in a irritated tone of voice then you can get a new board sunday morning.

I get back to the office and guess what, she needs to be in the same group as me.

Why if you cannot work with people are you in a job which requires you to work with people, and could she really not have just done a quick lookup (i am guessing PPA owns computers) and then everything would have been fine.

nope that would mean they need to spend money, they very very good at saving it, it seems!

Archived