Welvanpas ...Saturday 29th Aug?

hayleyearth

Can't - got the lightie all day, and going to hit up Bloemendal with him... Welvanpas is a bit out of his league atm.

Are you coming through for the shuttle day on Sunday?

Can't - got the lightie all day, and going to hit up Bloemendal with him... Welvanpas is a bit out of his league atm.

Are you coming through for the shuttle day on Sunday?

Yip, plan to. :clap: 2nd one this year then that I'll be attending..

Need to go for an EARLY ride with my sister 1st on Sunday though, but will make it! (Going #enduro style again though)

Yip, plan to. :clap: 2nd one this year then that I'll be attending..

Need to go for an EARLY ride with my sister 1st on Sunday though, but will make it! (Going #enduro style again though)

Nice. Will see you there then.

Just keep in mind there's an event (Dirty Double) on on that day - just check to see which sections will be affected... Last year it utilised some of the the black/yellow down section and some white.

Frankly if the black and yellow will be closed for the Adidas event I wouldn't bother going.  The blue and white routes are currently shite.  Weird reroutes and big parts just plain closed off.

We're hitting Jonkers most likely on Saturday morning.  Neverending and the valley floor trails still make for a nice ride.  Plus, maybe that new red is open already *thinks wishfully*

Sorry Hayley - but better know upfront than pitch up and ride into frustration... Maybe just give them a ring and hear what is open, because I can imagine there will be open sections, maybe just pick your routes carefully.

I emailed Pieter and he said

"Hi

The yellow and black will be least affected and safe to ride."

"Least affected"??? So parts of it will have runners / other riders on it.

Why not just close the trail centre for the event and be done with it.  This is exactly what annoyed me about the unannounced changes to the white and blue.  They leave it to you to figure out halfway into a ride that the nice parts you were keen to ride are in fact closed.

Looking at the route maps posted on the Dirty Double Facebook page it would appear that the cycling will be mostly along the white/blue route (no black/yellow). The running will start at Kleinevalleij and head up to about midway on Cool Runnings, looks like they will be heading up with some non-cycling trails/jeeptrack. They will then join in on Cool Runnings and basically stay on the yellow/black route all the way back to Kleinevalleij.

The spot where the runners join in on Cool Runnings is probably one of the fastest sections. I hope they put up some signs on the cycling trails to inform people of the runners or divert cyclists, otherwise I can imagine some potential serious pain happening.

I reckon I'll still be going though, will just take it easy down Cool Runnings.

Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with this event and these are only my thoughts, so it is entirely possible that the route is different. Maybe TheSearch knows what the real story is?

"Least affected"??? So parts of it will have runners / other riders on it.

Why not just close the trail centre for the event and be done with it.  This is exactly what annoyed me about the unannounced changes to the white and blue.  They leave it to you to figure out halfway into a ride that the nice parts you were keen to ride are in fact closed.

Ok seems the changes to the white and blue are limited to the ones I mentioned.  The first is to divert around the old boring trek past the Horse paddocks and then the closure on the white was temporary to have a bridge fixed.

So all seems well in the world ;)

As for the event tomorrow, if you can't bomb down Cool Runnings, what's the use :ph34r:

WOW! WOW! 

FLIPPING AMAIZING THAT BLACK ROUTE! 

LOVED IT! 

now that I'm a bit fitter I could ride all the ups with my 34-36 too! Great stuff! 

• 3 weeks later...

So their website is really out dated... There are four not three trail options... Figured I'd post this here for reference...

Even though the board says white is the most technical, Hayley says the black is most fun...

The trails could really do with a clean up, stopped about 50 times to clear a branch/tree off the trail...

post-49286-1442576671,8356.jpg

post-49286-1442576681,5993.jpg

post-49286-1442576712,1218.jpg

Archived