Race for Victory seeding

26er

My index has been on a slippery slope from 11.75 before CTCT to 14.75 now.

15.28 for R4V will at least stop the penalty points for a while.

Does anyone remember the 947 seeding indexes in A batch?

I've mailed them earlier this year, it depends on the number of entries and who else has entered and they use their own seeding ladder. (Not sure if it's exactly the same as the one mentioned above, but should be close to it)

Last year an index of sub 17 would get you into A batch for 947.

Interestingly, this year a seeding index of sub 11 would get you into 1A at CTCT and sub 15 into 1B at CTCT, so generally to get into A batch at 947 is not that difficult. 

Winning time for A batch R4V 2016 produced an index of around 8.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've mailed them earlier this year, it depends on the number of entries and who else has entered and they use their own seeding ladder. (Not sure if it's exactly the same as the one mentioned above, but should be close to it)

Last year an index of sub 17 would get you into A batch for 947.

Interestingly, this year a seeding index of sub 11 would get you into 1A at CTCT and sub 15 into 1B at CTCT, so generally to get into A batch at 947 is not that difficult. 

Winning time for A batch R4V 2016 produced an index of around 8.

The A batch winners @ R4V were in another league.

It's also interesting how a little difference in finish time can make to your index.

73.1km/h,

achieved that after being dropped by the main BL bunch and working with one of the guys to try to latch back on. Tailwind + 96kg was not enough to catch them though. Got picked up by the second BL group a little later on. 

I think it was me, I was in the red URcycling kit

The Wilro this weekend is the last seeding event for the Telkom 947 Cycle Challenge, or was it Meals on Wheels? I can't remember, but I do know this weekend is the last event that will count for the seeding run.

The Wilro this weekend is the last seeding event for the Telkom 947 Cycle Challenge, or was it Meals on Wheels? I can't remember, but I do know this weekend is the last event that will count for the seeding run.

I don't think Meals on Wheels will be a seeding event.

The A batch winners @ R4V were in another league.

It's also interesting how a little difference in finish time can make to your index.

Looked at the A batch winners history on Racetec. Either youngsters or VA riders. Rode sub 2:30 in the 947 last year. Then 1 or 2 that did very little road racing - perhaps MTBikers?

Then in your batch there were some old toppies trying to get into shape for VB/VC. :ph34r: :ph34r:

Looked at the A batch winners history on Racetec. Either youngsters or VA riders. Rode sub 2:30 in the 947 last year. Then 1 or 2 that did very little road racing - perhaps MTBikers?

Then in your batch there were some old toppies trying to get into shape for VB/VC. :ph34r: :ph34r:

Unfortunately I am one of those old toppies.  I will keep racing AL as long as I can.  I would qualify for VC next year, but enjoy the larger groups in AL.

Meals on Wheels is not timed by Racetec according to the site..

Wilro Lions is the one that will be used..

Unfortunately I am one of those old toppies.  I will keep racing AL as long as I can.  I would qualify for VC next year, but enjoy the larger groups in AL.

how does va Vb etc work ? And what's the point of the over the al bl etc ??

VA is usually 30 - 39 year olds, VB is usually 40 - 49 year olds, and VC 50 plus.

On the bigger races, like Argus/947 etc they go up in 5 year increments.

If you are not old enough to race in those catergories, you ride in open seeded or AL/BL etc.

You also need a Racing License to ride in the racing catergories and your seeding index needs to be high enough to qualify. If you are able to keep up with the AL front guys, and are older than 30, give it a bash. But its not as easy as you think. Also, if you get dropped, you cant just latch onto the next group that comes past. You will get DQed. So if you get dropped from VA, you cant hook up with VB, VC but will have to ride home with other droppe riders.

Think of it as the place the wannabes or hasbeens go to rot in a sea of dope.

You need a domestic racing license for Vets racing. Also for some races you need a proper seeding(like single digits). Vets racing is completely different to seeded racing. AL/BL etc is one constant pace. Vets is tactical with attacks and counter attacks and closing down breaks.

VA is usually 30 - 39 year olds, VB is usually 40 - 49 year olds, and VC 50 plus.

On the bigger races, like Argus/947 etc they go up in 5 year increments.

If you are not old enough to race in those catergories, you ride in open seeded or AL/BL etc.

You also need a Racing License to ride in the racing catergories and your seeding index needs to be high enough to qualify. If you are able to keep up with the AL front guys, and are older than 30, give it a bash. But its not as easy as you think. Also, if you get dropped, you cant just latch onto the next group that comes past. You will get DQed. So if you get dropped from VA, you cant hook up with VB, VC but will have to ride home with other droppe riders.

Think of it as the place the wannabes or hasbeens go to rot in a sea of dope.

blimey at closer to 50 than 40 it all sounds a bit to competitive for a noob like me. And am not fast enough anyway . Thanks for the insight have a better understanding.

Am happy with where I am at the moment ????

You need a domestic racing license for Vets racing. Also for some races you need a proper seeding(like single digits). Vets racing is completely different to seeded racing. AL/BL etc is one constant pace. Vets is tactical with attacks and counter attacks and closing down breaks.

single digits no going to happen,luckily I think. Sounds a bit like a suffer fest ????..like Sunday's R4V was. As long as I am enjoying it and feeling like I had a race,I'm happy. Regardless of group . Thanks guys ????

double post

blimey at closer to 50 than 40 it all sounds a bit to competitive for a noob like me. And am not fast enough anyway . Thanks for the insight have a better understanding.

Am happy with where I am at the moment

Been there done that (Vx licenced racing) demmit you WILL bleed from the eyeballs! I prefer 'racing' in the alphabet soup where I belong ....

Archived