Looking for New Bike Advice

aldoblue

Giant seems the way

Is there much difference from the 2013 models to the latest being 2016?

The big difference is that they changed the brakes from Avid Elixir 5s to Shimano SLX.

Other than that and paint I don't think there's a difference. Fox may have improved slightly on their components as well.

Dare I say it, but here is more to mtb than a Giant Anthem. Reliable yes, but not everyone wants to drive Toyota bakkie. There is a big variety of brands out there(would prefer a few more), some with a geometry that may suit you better. Enough of this already please :angry:

Ok fair enough. So then you talking about the giant trance.........[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Hi

I had an Anthem great bike loved riding it but have now moved to a Pyga and it has to be the most confident inspiring bike I've ridden..for around 30k I'd rather buy a 2015 2nd hand Pyga than new Anthem.

There are a few on the hub currently.

Good luck with your decision.

Thanks, what model is yours the 2015 and have you carried out any changes to the bike?

It seems the more I research the more I come back to the Giant Anthem.

Mine's 2014 and if you want to start with the upgrades it can become an addiction. Changed wheels to ZTR Arch tubeless, dropper seat post, 740mm bars, 120mm Rockshox Revelation. Next on the list full XT.

The problem with looking for a new bike...you have to rely on what others tell you...even down to the size....you dont get to test product...a ride up an alley next to the bike shop certainly isnt gona tell you if the bike is the one you looking...people are throwing money at bike shops...it boils down what you set your mind on...if its not what you were looking for...sell it and buy another one and hope it is what you looking...if not well start over...until eventually you either gona be broke and happy or just get use to what you bought.

Hopefully you not buying on credit...because then you really gona loose money.

Archived