2015 Giant Trance 2 - Stealth Dropper post cable routing

GlennH

I have the 2015 Giant Trance 2. Was wondering if anyone has fitted a stealth dropper post to theirs? If so how did you route the cabling, as there is no exit hole in the seat post tube? My anthem has a hole in the sea tpost tube and is filled with a rubber grommet. The Trance has none? So where should I route the dropper cable without having to strip out the BB?

Hi.

Yes you can route internally. I run a Giant Dropper on my 2015 trance cables all run internal. The cable enters the down tube with the gear cables , runs under the bb and up the seat tube. Easy !!

Hi.

Yes you can route internally. I run a Giant Dropper on my 2015 trance cables all run internal. The cable enters the down tube with the gear cables , runs under the bb and up the seat tube. Easy !!

Awesome. Ill give it a try this evening. Currently have it running externally and hate it.

You can use the good old vacuum trick. feed a thin piece of string into the down tube , place your vacuum cleaner hose over the top of the seat tube , once you get the string through, use it as a drew wire

good idea.... was wondering how to get it around the bottom of the BB.

@ Wolf Lyle.  Thanks so much for the advice. I now have my giant dropper all neatly stealthy routed. Getting the cable past the BB was actually a piece of cake. I used an old shifter inner cable and fed it through the opening on the down tube next to the BB. It went round real easy and all the way up the seat tube. U then take the opposite end of the cable and feed it up the down tube and through the opening near the handlebars. I then connected it to the dropper cable housing with insulation tape and pulled it through.

@ Wolf Lyle.  Thanks so much for the advice. I now have my giant dropper all neatly stealthy routed. Getting the cable past the BB was actually a piece of cake. I used an old shifter inner cable and fed it through the opening on the down tube next to the BB. It went round real easy and all the way up the seat tube. U then take the opposite end of the cable and feed it up the down tube and through the opening near the handlebars. I then connected it to the dropper cable housing with insulation tape and pulled it through.

Awsome !! Looks so much better with stealth routing :) I've recently taken to doing all my own maintenance. It's pretty rewarding and I know it's done right !

I've also started doing my own maintenance, not as hard as it seems. Found an awesome ebook that covers most things. Its called "Bike Maintenance Tips Tricks & Techniques - 2014  UK" its about 19mb but worth the download. 

I've also started doing my own maintenance, not as hard as it seems. Found an awesome ebook that covers most things. Its called "Bike Maintenance Tips Tricks & Techniques - 2014 UK" its about 19mb but worth the download.

Link for the download?

Thanks

• 3 years later...

I am going to take a stab at this either tonight or tomorrow...  anything else I should know?