Has anybody mentioned "Nice guy Nairo"'s little sticky tubbie situation?

Maybe there is a spot for him on Astana next year.... ????

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today's Greipel's 34th birthday. The gentile German has yet to win a stage in this year's Tour de France.

Jérémy Roy (FDJ) was the first to attack, jumping away at the 28.5km mark.

Three riders quickly tried to join him: Alex Howes (Cannondale), secondly Martin Elmiger (IAM) and Cesare Benedetti (Bora).

⚠️⚠️

The sun is warming the riders but the wind is blowing at between 40km/h and 60km/h.

With today's stage suiting the sprinters, it is up the strongest sprint teams to pick up the chase of the break. For now only Etixx has placed some riders on the front to keep the gap under control.

168.5km remaining from 208.5km

The quartet is working together to fight the stiff headwind. Their lead is up to 4:05.

Other teams are starting to help with the chase of the break. Natnael Berhane (Dimension Data) and Lars Bak (Lotto-Soudal) are also taking turns on the front to work for their sprinters Mark Cavendish and Andre Greipel.

158.5km remaining from 208.5km

The gap of the break is still rising gradually as the four reach 4:40.

Not overly impressed with him[emoji6]

When you just been eaten and spat out... Drastic measures needed!!... Guess he was hoping noone would notice.. Lol

When you just been eaten and spat out... Drastic measures needed!!... Guess he was hoping noone would notice.. Lol

Movistar asked him to do a pull at the front, and... You know his English he not be so bueno. But 'get pulled to the front' is close enough.

Archived