[Event] Absa Cape Epic

Absa Cape Epic

Very tough day today even though it was short. 74km and not 69km as advertised with over 2000m ascent. Relentless steep climbs. Some of the best single track at Skyfall but some of the worst near the end. Rocky, bumpy and didn't help that we were grumpy by then. Its been tough and happy to have the finish line in sight. This is my first one and all I can say is that this event is massive, its global and its growing. The organisation and planning is mind boggling. Boschendal not the best venue, feels cramped. Can't wait to see Meerendal tomorrow. 

Congrats, take care and enjoy your last day tomorrow

It takes a lot to beat the feeling of the last few km's when u can see and hear the finish

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tell me about it.

Is it just me or is he calling Langvad, Langval?

... Thats how you pronounce it. Laaangval

... Thats how you pronounce it. Laaangval

I think a more appropiate name for her would be Lankpad - pronounced lank pad - i.e. Long Road, hell she is strong !!

Yes it comes up every year and every year our locals get ridden into the ground. Our local heroes are only able to win local races against the weekend warriors or am I wrong?

Doing well in GC is not as good as being regularly on the podium. Every time an opinion is raised about how swak our local pro's are all the hero worshippers come to their defence. Their defence will be that I'm just an armchair weekend warrior. True, agreed, I am.

They still suck and I am truly sorry to say that, I would much rather want to rave about them making the visitors bleed on each and every stage. We all know this is not happening, it's the opposite.

Erik Kleinhans is not doing too badly, considering he is/was a support rider. But then again he also spends most of his time competing with the overseas pros.

I wonder how the rest of the 95 Bok teams feels about Gerald the Kok's constant insistence that Joel won the World Cup for South Africa.

I wonder how the rest of the 95 Bok teams feels about Gerald the Kok constant insistence that Joel won the World Cup for South Africa.

[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Ja nee

Spitz & youngster has been giving the spez ladies some "tande" the last few stages. They should have raced from day 1 then we surely would have had a new winning team. Ariane def holding Langvad back plenty this year

Archived