New Zealand - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Wayne Potgieter

The biggest thing I am wondering about though..........which tyres are the okes running there on the trail bikes at this moment...hahahaha

Butcher front, Purgatory rear with me. Minions are also popular, as is the Magic Mary/ Hans Dampf combo. I'll probably move my Butcher to the rear with the MM at the front when winter hits properly.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Butcher front, Purgatory rear with me. Minions are also popular, as is the Magic Mary/ Hans Dampf combo. I'll probably move my Butcher to the rear with the MM at the front when winter hits properly.

Is the terrain rocky? or more sandy/muddy...or or ?

I am running Ibex's front and back, but I call those my Hakahana tyres, so I have been thinking of something with less rolling resistance and maybe lighter (they are tough as nails, but just not if a easy smooth pedal)

Is the terrain rocky? or more sandy/muddy...or or ?

I am running Ibex's front and back, but I call those my Hakahana tyres, so I have been thinking of something with less rolling resistance and maybe lighter (they are tough as nails, but just not if a easy smooth pedal)

No rocks in East Auckland. Our average trail is roots, clay, steep and/or off camber.

Most Auckland riding (Maraetai or Riverhead) is clay based, so in summer something fast rolling on the back works well since the trails are hard. In winter it's slick clay with zero grip and nothing helps that. But a tacky tyre is handy for wet roots. Wood hill is sand based and you're best off with fast rolling tyres.

For Rotorua Butchers, Minions and high rollers are good.

I've never seen an Ibex around here, but it looks similar to all of the above, so I think you're sorted.

The basic recipe is something with decent side knobs on the front, and whatever you can get away with on the rear.

The biggest thing I am wondering about though..........which tyres are the okes running there on the trail bikes at this moment...hahahaha

I'm running a well used 2.4" Nobby Nic on the front (not the new design), and a bald 2.25" Nobby Nic on the back.

Trails here are fast and loose, so my combo makes for maximum adrenaline!

Oneday when I'm rich I'll buy new tyres with a bike attached to them.

Flights booked.

Arrival

30 May 21:20

Auckland, (Auckland International)

Accommodation for the 1st month at Quest Highbrook (I choose that due to the walking distance from work = more time to do other things at 1st..........the other apartments would probably have been more 'livable' but was a bit further from work and the places they suggested in town, well was in town = traffic nightmare I guess)

Need a lift from the airport?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Flights booked.

Arrival

Accommodation for the 1st month at Quest Highbrook (I choose that due to the walking distance from work = more time to do other things at 1st..........the other apartments would probably have been more 'livable' but was a bit further from work and the places they suggested in town, well was in town = traffic nightmare I guess)

Where about is WORK?

Flights booked.

Arrival

Where about is WORK?

Need a lift from the airport?

I will never bug someone that time of night. I will get a shuttle thanks  :thumbup:  (I will have a bike box too)

A few blocks from erins birthday party on saturday.

Ah man! wish I was there to bake her a cool cake!

I will never bug someone that time of night. I will get a shuttle thanks [emoji106] (I will have a bike box too)

I really dont mind....