New Zealand - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Wayne Potgieter

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Flights booked. Arrive in Auckland 7:00 on Thursday 5th May, and leave again at 19:30 on Sunday 8th May.

Will see how busy my schedule is, but it will be great to have a meetup with the Auckland chapter of the Hub Bicycle Gang

Great. I was a bit worried... i am on palmy and wellington that week. But back on thursday evening. So i am sure we can make a plan!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Yeah awesome. As the newest member it would be great to meet whoever is around.

Sweet deal! Welcome!

Hope you guys had a decent flight.

Once I find out which hotel I'm in, and how mobile I am, we can arrange a meetup.

It'll have to be McD's or Burger King, because eve those meals are like R150 - R200 a pop.

Or we can meetup at the nearest Pak 'n Save after 8pm, when the pizza rolls go on special (3 for the price of 1).

:lol:

If I have to mention an 'ugly' it has to be food prices. Yes I'm converting, but I haven't been paid yet so I'm still running on Rands.

But yeah, R35 for a lettuce. R50 for a 700g pack of tomatoes. And that's all form the cheapest of the 3 main supermarket chains.

Yeah awesome. As the newest member it would be great to meet whoever is around.

Whereabouts are you based bud?

If I have to mention an 'ugly' it has to be food prices. Yes I'm converting, but I haven't been paid yet so I'm still running on Rands.

But yeah, R35 for a lettuce. R50 for a 700g pack of tomatoes. And that's all form the cheapest of the 3 main supermarket chains.

I'm sure we could club together to buy you a beer. Or a lettuce.

I'm sure we could club together to buy you a beer. Or a lettuce.

Lettuce please!

or 2 grapefuit.

An avo would be pushing my luck though :lol:

An avo would be pushing my luck though :lol:

Yeah, big rule of shopping here is only buy fruit and veg when in season, unless you're a recent Lotto winner.

Sweet deal! Welcome!

Once I find out which hotel I'm in, and how mobile I am, we can arrange a meetup.

It'll have to be McD's or Burger King, because eve those meals are like R150 - R200 a pop.

Or we can meetup at the nearest Pak 'n Save after 8pm, when the pizza rolls go on special (3 for the price of 1).

[emoji38]

Www.myfoodbag.co.nz for the win.

Www.myfoodbag.co.nz for the win.

I was thinking more along the lines of this

http://www.theasiancookshop.co.uk/ekmps/shops/asiancookshop/images/indomie-chicken-flavour-instant-noodles-indomie-chicken-noodles-full-box-40-14.99-8458-p.jpg

But yeah those food bags look awesome!

I was thinking more along the lines of this

http://www.theasiancookshop.co.uk/ekmps/shops/asiancookshop/images/indomie-chicken-flavour-instant-noodles-indomie-chicken-noodles-full-box-40-14.99-8458-p.jpg[emoji38]

But yeah those food bags look awesome!

Ha ha ha...

There is a shop here that sells expired food. Super cheap.

Ha ha ha...

Speaking of that... does stuff go off?

I bought Milk that had an expiry date of the 13th April. I forgot about it until like the 15th. Was still fine. Gave it a whiff again this morning... still fine (1 weeks after 'expiry').

Sweet deal! Welcome!

I did the calculation on Sunday at WW again of your pic you sent the other day (didn't know you had a 700g tomatoes, I only priced a 400g or so) and the comparison isnt THAT bad. You said you paid R170 ish for the items below (I think there must have been a chocolate hiding there somewhere...haha) but the items came to R130 at WW. Not toooo bad.

post-24697-0-42735700-1461130491_thumb.jpg

Ha ha ha...

Hi Wayne, what is that shop called?