Review: Mercer Bikes Hungry Monkey II

Iwan Kemp

The Hungry Monkey 2 is a semi-production mountain bike from Mercer Bikes. Made by hand in the Mercer Bikes workshop in Cape Town, it is available in three sizes – M, L and XL. The Hungry Monkey is a relatively lightweight but long travel 650b trail bike based around a 140 – 160mm travel fork.

Click here to view the article

Very nicely written.

Could not agree with you more on the amazing ride a sorted long travel steel hard tail delivers.......been playing with the idea of trying out a 29'er long travel steel HT for a little while now, this review has just made that little itch a intolerable itch!

Awesome bike! Where is the geo and some more info? What size tyres can be fitted?

Two pics with geo posted right at the top. Brand dependent, but 2.35 - 2.4 without issues. For more info on the frame have a read HERE

Two pics with geo posted right at the top. Brand dependent, but 2.35 - 2.4 without issues. For more info on the frame have a read HERE

I`m looking for sizing and pricing please.

I`m looking for sizing and pricing please.

Pricing in the review - right at the bottom. For size specific geo it would be best to get in touch with Mercer. Link for that at the bottom of the review with pricing.

12132661_522988314535167_827955785075119

Guys and girls we have a sweet Hungry Monkey looking for a new home!

Used as a show bike at the Africa Cycle Fair. Roickshox Pike, Sram X1, Guide brakes and our own South Industries 275AM carbon wheel set built onto Industry Nine hubs.

Give us or Dave a shout if interested!