Wattbikes

Having access at the gym to wattbikes, I started training on one,and must confess, I like it,a LOT. I downloaded the app,with access to powerhub,and sterted to read on training plans, zones ect. to get a better understanding and to improve my peddling techniques. Who else are using them, and do you have any tips and plans to share?

• 2 months later...

Also just starting using one at the gym. Best indoor experience I've ever had. Great training. I see that powerhub has an api into Strava now. Linked it yesterday so will see if the rides get transferred. I use premium Strava to track my training etc, above benefit for that and not segments.

Nothing comes close to the Wattbike in terms of home trainers other than a Wattbike at home. Many different training plans around but the website gives good ones that work well. Throw in some TABATAs and you'll improve quickly .

• 3 months later...

I have recently also downloaded the APP, I think its amazing, any more training plans can you create your own? I also us a USB flash drive to keep details when logging in.

I have recently also downloaded the APP, I think its amazing, any more training plans can you create your own? I also us a USB flash drive to keep details when logging in.

You can also pair the wattbike with a garmin to record details and upload to vitality and get points for the workout

Wattbike is a great tool for any training system - not just limited to cycling.

We ride at least once a week and it has given my running great gains.

Strength, recovery, assessments, conditioning, rehab - all can be done on the Wattbike.

Even got Mrs Da Butcher - who doesnt ride at ALL - to use it in her training with MASSIVE results!!!! Wonderful tool - great value vs Time input and all data is immediately available!

100% hurtbox - but a fantastic tool!!!!!

Been using a wattbike religiously for the last 6xmonths, and the results are amazing, w/kg improved a lot, fitness improved a lot. Love the training plans and workouts. And now with the winter,its perfect to train on.

would like to start, i see them at the gym. can you connect an iphone to them?

Jip, just download the wattbike app,register on powerhub. The at the gym connect your iphone to the wattbike via bluetooth( the app dies all the work for you,just swith on BT,open the app and select wattbike),then link strava to powerhub(on you profile page) and whala,bobs your uncle

Jip, just download the wattbike app,register on powerhub. The at the gym connect your iphone to the wattbike via bluetooth( the app dies all the work for you,just swith on BT,open the app and select wattbike),then link strava to powerhub(on you profile page) and whala,bobs your uncle

cool will try it.

You can also pair the wattbike with a garmin to record details and upload to vitality and get points for the workout

Please let me know how, I only have a FR410 watch - how do you link the accounts?

Please let me know how, I only have a FR410 watch - how do you link the accounts?

I really wish people would just try a google search first, there are many links showing you how to do it. Here a youTube

And even from wattbikes webpage https://wattbike.com/uk/ant-connectivity

Edited by shaper