Apple watch feedback

Runbikeswim

Just note. The Catalyst case does not offer screen protection.

I have read (in only one review) that it may interfere with the screen if used with a screen cover - though this was only one users experience that I have found. That's why I went with the Griffin that gives both screen and case protection for 60% of the price...

I'll feedback how good/bad it works when I receive it tomorrow

I put a tempered glass screen guard on my watch.

Just on the scratches,... Thats why I went with the Stainless version to have the sapphire crystal. Ion-x does scratch easier. BUT!, the stainless case scratches very easily. Thats where the aluminium sport version is better again. So the ultimate, Apple Watch - if such a thing exists, will be a sport version with a sapphire crystal.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

post-63067-1451286348,6643.jpgpost-63067-1451286360,5981.jpgpost-63067-1451286376,428.jpgpost-63067-1451286403,1657.jpg

So they delivered super quick. Package was expected on 31st... Then tomorrow.... And now it just arrived. Kudos to Takealot

It's slimmer and more attractive than I expected (and than on photos).

I see no possibility in it slipping off accidentally - unless you give it a proper bash (in which case it would have saved your watch)

Will give feedback again an a couple of whatever

I fully agree with putting your watch in the Catalyst case.

I have and it is in my opinion by far better than other "clip" on cases because the catalyst fully covers. "Clip on" cases will gather dust between case and watch and then cause damage due to friction. My Apple Watch is now 100% water and dust proof.

#Shaper, I don't see the post by #Christiaan as spam.

This is a forum to inform and thats what has been done. Be thankful for guys like that looking out for us. If you know the history of Catalyst you'll know that the Catalyst Apple Watch case only started shipping from end Nov. SA is always left behind with new tech and gadgets. At least we are now aware that it is available and possible to protect a fairly expensive investment of some. Highly unlikely that someone from this thread would have searched the classified section under tech for specifically this case. Other online stores also get involved in threads and direct, advise and offer goods to individuals. 

For the record: I did not buy my Catalyst case from bicycle nor supported them up until now. Just like the way they get involved and offer solutions and support.

This is about the 3rd or 4th time he has advertised in both this thread and the 50% back thread... so yes I treat it as spam!!

Once is fine, after that it should be in the classifieds.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1451286347.160610.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1451286357.413636.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1451286368.527887.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1451286401.292574.jpg

So they delivered super quick. Package was expected on 31st... Then tomorrow.... And now it just arrived. Kudos to Takealot

It's slimmer and more attractive than I expected (and than on photos).

I see no possibility in it slipping off accidentally - unless you give it a proper bash (in which case it would have saved your watch)

Will give feedback again an a couple of whatever

I don't like that at all... Looks like a old casio

Bought a tempered glass screen (does not totally cover screen) and the clear cover from Takealot and shopandship. Clear cover not such a snug fit but more attractive than the better fitting but ugly colored multi Tuvluv covers... Reached around to put something in my bike jersey pocket and clip corner of screen on my pump. It's basically chipped and smashed - but just the very corner and just the tempered glass! Will be returning the multipack of covers and be buying a few more tempered glass screens....

The watch scratches easier than a vinyl record. Dont get one of you do not already have a screen cover.

Expect 1-2 noticeable scratched per day of wearing (without it making contact with anything!)

Not sure which watch you have but I have had mine for 4 months now and no scratches - just had a look now and cant find a scratch. I wear it every day and also when I ride.

Not sure which watch you have but I have had mine for 4 months now and no scratches - just had a look now and cant find a scratch. I wear it every day and also when I ride.

I wore mine for less than a week without a cover. I was just chilling at home and took a few runs. I was extremely careful (I am borderline OCD whe it comes to these things) and wiped it with a microfibre cloth only (I have a cleaning set with dust lifting spray I use for my glasses - thus I couldn't have scratched it with the dust)

There is quite a few scratches visible when using a LED light and a loupe. One is visible with the naked eye - so admittedly these are very fine - but they are there.

My Watch in the Catalyst case. 42mm SS version.

That looks a cazillion times better than the gray/white/green colour scheme! At 1k just a little too high for my pocket

That looks a cazillion times better than the gray/white/green colour scheme! At 1k just a little too high for my pocket

Paid less than R1k, I bought a lot of goods from Digicape over the years. But yes, still the price of 2 Griffins...

Maybe a "bit" off track here, but who cycles with an iPhone 6/6s PLUS...??

Upgrading from 6 and kinda need a PLUS, but don't know how practical that would be while cycling... Have an iPhone 5 spare but don't want to be pairing over and over between phones.

I can't... Really guys you like having this on your wrist?

And the difference between this and a bulky fenix/suunto/polar?

Suppose it is personal preference at the end of the day, but this just makes so much sense for me. I use the Apple Watch to the full for work/play. Having two watches is a mission. 

What do you wear on the wrist?

Archived