Apple watch feedback

Runbikeswim

This. They want people to get more active. Saves them a ton of cash in all areas. 

Polar M400 or the A300 does the getting/tracking being active thing pretty decently - all at less than half the price?

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Polar M400 or the A300 does the getting/tracking being active thing pretty decently - all at less than half the price?

The primary function of the Apple Watch is a smart watch. That's what it is. Not an HR monitor, not an activity tracker - a SMART WATCH. That it has the ability  to track HR / steps / activity data is secondary to its primary function - to complement the iPhone. 

Yes, the Polar / Garmin units perform better as all out HR tracking exercise watches. But they're not even close when it comes to the smart capabilities. 

Plus, the Watch is a "want" item. It's a luxury, and  a damn good looking one at that. One that you can effectively get for free... 

The primary function of the Apple Watch is a smart watch. That's what it is. Not an HR monitor, not an activity tracker - a SMART WATCH. That it has the ability  to track HR / steps / activity data is secondary to its primary function - to complement the iPhone. 

Yes, the Polar / Garmin units perform better as all out HR tracking exercise watches. But they're not even close when it comes to the smart capabilities. 

Plus, the Watch is a "want" item. It's a luxury, and  a damn good looking one at that. One that you can effectively get for free... 

Cool, so it is basically the "me too" / "incentive to be active" angle.

Not really effectively free as you have to pay R350 up front, which if taken as a finance charge / interest paid up front, means you pay an effective 5.91% interest on R5899 over the 24 months :-)

*AND* take a gamble against the credit card!

Quick question on Strava: can you change the type of exercise on the watch? It shows my default (cycling), but went for a run this morning and tried to change in the watch. Eventually change in the phone but it didn't change to run on the watch.

Yes I think it's swipe left or swipe right before you start

Yes I think it's swipe left or swipe right before you start

Hey

Yes there is a way to change it

Just force touch/3d touch on the start screen and you should be able to change it

Hey

Yes there is a way to change it

Just force touch/3d touch on the start screen and you should be able to change it

Excellent, thanks

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/16/01/02/0d8669ae152c01fcbebe04eca8a6c5af.jpg

What does the 22.7 refer to? It's not my last ride either ...

Interestingly enough on this morning's cycle with my wife the last few segments of our ride didn't register in my ride as segments (but did on her strava) although our total distance Etc is similar. Another glitch I suppose [emoji848]

Quick question on Strava: can you change the type of exercise on the watch? It shows my default (cycling), but went for a run this morning and tried to change in the watch. Eventually change in the phone but it didn't change to run on the watch.

You can also do so with a "hard touch" when the workout has already started

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/16/01/02/0d8669ae152c01fcbebe04eca8a6c5af.jpg

What does the 22.7 refer to? It's not my last ride either ...

Interestingly enough on this morning's cycle with my wife the last few segments of our ride didn't register in my ride as segments (but did on her strava) although our total distance Etc is similar. Another glitch I suppose [emoji848]

That would be a function of Strava on your phone not the watch. The watch merely mirrors your phones Strava...

Had mine for almost 2 weeks now and must say I dig it.

I thought it would be a gimmick but as a smart watch I like it!

I do wear it when riding, but not to track activities, have a 520 for that, but rather for notifications and taking calls while riding.

As a training watch, you are better off getting something dedicated if your are training a lot. This is cool for gym and the occasional ramble around the neighbor hood, but never forget it's a smart watch for geeks, not a sports watch for jocks ;)

That would be a function of Strava on your phone not the watch. The watch merely mirrors your phones Strava...

Yip I get the mirror part but can't figure out the 22,7km!!

Not necessary, I purchased a tempered glass screen protector 42mm and Survivor tactical case for I-Watch from www.shopandship.co.za. Have used my watch for 8 months now, bought it in Hong Kong. (Strava and Polar beat) tempered glass has some scuff marks but I will replace when necessary. 

Sounds like the solution for me then. 

It's not your total for the week ??

don't think I cycled THAT long but will check [emoji848]

Edit: Unless the week was a day long but will check precious rides

Archived