Argus (aka CTCT) 2016 Medical Questionnaire

walkerr

I await with some curiosity to hear of your creativeness... my quintuple bypass and ms in conjunction with my frontal lobotomy and electro shock therapy will make me an interesting cases study...

Did you mention your hysterectomy ?

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I await with some curiosity to hear of your creativeness... my quintuple bypass and ms in conjunction with my frontal lobotomy and electro shock therapy will make me an interesting cases study...

What really makes me proud is the 20+h per week training on the indoor trainer I get done despite the horrendous amount of fractures I have sustained recently. My massive doses of medicine seems to be lifting my depression and anxiety a bit lately. I lied about my hormone replacement though....At least I was honest about my alcohol abuse. Cramping - don't go there. It adds a new chapter.

Cramp? Who cramps? That's like the plague

..it died with the dark ages

i seemed to suffer from memory loss last night when filling out the questionnaire...  when i saw the magnitude of questions that is required once you say "yes" to cramping, I completely lost recollection of any cramping that ever occurred in my 33 years of existence.

This is the response I got from them:

"Good day Barry,

I trust my email finds you well!

Are you connecting to the internet from a Vodacom ISP? If so, please try to access the link from a non-Vodacom ISP. We have been notified that Vodacom ISP’s are experiencing difficulties connecting to the site as their DNS settings are not correct. We unfortunately have no control over this. We apologise for the inconvenience.

If you are not connected Via Vodacom and you are still experiencing issues, please let us know exactly what the issue is.

Regards"

Tried it, still not working.

Well done CTCT management, real professional organizing.

I received exactly the same response - so sent this back to them this morning:

Good day

I’ve now connected to the internet via Telkom, Cell-C, Vodacom, MTN, and I don’t know what the hell else.   All with the same result – either a response that ‘The webpage cannot be displayed’ or ‘The website requires you to log in’.   One of the links sent to me to try even resulted in the Google search results screen!

What the HELL is going on that you send out a link to 35000 cyclists which can’t be accessed by anyone on a Vodacom connection??????   I’ve also looked at the forum on https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/156098-argus-aka-ctct-2016-medical-questionnaire/ - seems like you might have a BOAT load of non-compliant cyclists in this regard.

Send me a bloody PDF version of the questionnaire so I can complete and send back to you!   This is completely unacceptable!!!!

Good day

I’ve now connected to the internet via Telkom, Cell-C, Vodacom, MTN, and I don’t know what the hell else.   All with the same result – either a response that ‘The webpage cannot be displayed’ or ‘The website requires you to log in’.   One of the links sent to me to try even resulted in the Google search results screen!

What the HELL is going on that you send out a link to 35000 cyclists which can’t be accessed by anyone on a Vodacom connection??????   I’ve also looked at the forum on https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/156098-argus-aka-ctct-2016-medical-questionnaire/ - seems like you might have a BOAT load of non-compliant cyclists in this regard.

Send me a bloody PDF version of the questionnaire so I can complete and send back to you!   This is completely unacceptable!!!!

Jeez, they seem to have an excuse for everything, from web browser to ISP.

They must fix their own bloddy website/application to work and stop trying to blame everything else. This is the 21st century, get with it CTCC!

i seemed to suffer from memory loss last night when filling out the questionnaire...  when i saw the magnitude of questions that is required once you say "yes" to cramping, I completely lost recollection of any cramping that ever occurred in my 33 years of existence.

It must be linked to the hub. I had exactly the same reaction.

Developed amnesia about cramping and many other maladies.

Good day

the response, if it comes, to this email will be an interesting one !!

Completed this worthless questionnaire, but noticed in the write up more to come!!

Medical information required

The Cape Town Cycle Tour medical team treats more than 2400 cyclists who receive medical care at the medical facilities – both on the route, as well as at the medical tent at the finish. By reviewing the past injuries and illnesses we were able to plan adequately for the 2015 year. As part of on ongoing commitment to making your race experience as safe as possible and to provide the best medical care we can on race day, the organizers and the Mediclinic medical team are including online medical questionnaires as a condition of the registration and entry to the race.

UP3.png There are two parts in this process:

• The completion of an online medical questionnaire (part 1) when you enter for the race
  • The completion of a short medical questionnaire (part 2) in the few days before race registration

Has anyone contacted someone at CTCT? Not via email as that has proved to be useless.

I have tried phoning but no answer.

Posted on their FB page - they replied to me via mail and I replied back to them.

I told them this is like dealing with the Zuma govt - no matter how they ****it up and how much push back they get, they just plow on regardless.

Havent heard back yet but i think that my displeasure was clear.

Incredibly ill-conceived. Could have been a great opportunity to do some proper research if handled the right way.

BUT, I enjoyed filling out my questionnaire. Not as creative as you lot but I managed to correct a few inadequacies such as height to weight (hence power) ratios. On the basis of which I anticipate a second sub3 finish in a row. Should actually go sub2 again methinks. Cheers to that. Only successful part of a most horrible day yesterday.

Thanks for the laughs guys - today I really needed them!

Has anyone contacted someone at CTCT? Not via email as that has proved to be useless.

I have tried phoning but no answer.

Yip, called them twice yesterday and got through. Not much point to it as they could not solve my problem. They did threaten me with consequences if I did not submit the form.

Good day

Their reason to me was that I was using a Apple Mac.

LOL imagine everyone sending the PDF's back to the inbox ..... LOL 35000 emails all with pages of attachments ........ digest that data CTCT

Archived