Bike Rack for Hyundai I20

Hey All

Looking to get a Hyundai I20 1.6 Hatchback. Was wondering if you guys could recommend a decent bike rack (not roof type) that can mount 1 or 2 bikes at the boot end. Would prefer to still be able to open boot with rack on but not sure if this is possible.

Shot

Hey All

Looking to get a Hyundai I20 1.6 Hatchback. Was wondering if you guys could recommend a decent bike rack (not roof type) that can mount 1 or 2 bikes at the boot end. Would prefer to still be able to open boot with rack on but not sure if this is possible.

Shot

I have just the rack for you and generally most boot/hatch racks allow you to open the rear.

https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/169337-odds-ends/

Hey All

Shot

I've use my Yaris to run around with my bike. I had a bike hook fitted (can't call it a tow bar because it isn't endorsed as an actual tow bar) and use a Menabo Winny 2 bike carrier. Works perfectly well and is the drop down variety, so you hit the lever, drop the rack, with or without the bikes, and job done.

Put a towbar and get a platform rack.

Its the more costly option but you wont regret it.

You are almost certain to get paint damage with the clip on type.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for responses guys, gives me something to think about. The towbar bike rack type seems the best option, as funjunkie pointed out that the clip on type might cause paint damage and don't want that.

I have a small hatchback and use the thule passage 3 strap on and works great, really happy with it.

I can lift the boot comfrotably with out the bike on it and can lift it with the bike then i have to hold the boot up so dont really do that at all.

• 2 weeks later...