Bike suspension

AliciaLazzaro

Hello
New to the site but wanted advice on the new gadget I have seen advertised(dont want to use the trade name in case I got into trouble).
It is fixed onto the bike on the handle bar to provide a bit of cushioning/suspension when going over lumps & bumps on rides. I get quite sore thumbs & elbows after these sort of rides as I suffer from some arthritis. It looks good & would pay for it but wanted to hear what others say if they have seen it or have one.
Thanks
Captain
Edited by AliciaLazzaro

You won't get into any trouble for mentioning the name. Post a link if possible as I am curious to see what this is exactly.

Hello

New to the site but wanted advice on the new gadget I have seen advertised(dont want to use the trade name in case I got into trouble).

It is fixed onto the bike on the handle bar to provide a bit of cushioning/suspension when going over lumps & bumps on rides. I get quite sore thumbs & elbows after these sort of rides as I suffer from some arthritis. It looks good & would pay for it but wanted to hear what others say if they have seen it or have one.

Thanks

Captain

If you can't tell us what it is and its in the public domain, we can't help you.

I hope its not a powerbalance because then you should be ashamed, very ashamed.

Edited by ChUkKy

If it is the product I am thinking of I doubt that it will help much.  On a bike without suspension most of the shock is absorbed by the tire and wheels, so concentrate there.  A wider, softer tire will make a mass of a difference while other things - like seat post springs, rubber inserts or bar inserts are marginal at best and snake oil at worst.  Good grips or bar tape and suitable gloves will help and set up is critical! If your weight is optimally distributed and off your hands you should be much more comfortable.