seat post slipping

Sloggy

Reviving an old topic!   :D

I have bought a Giant Revolt 0 gravel bike and cannot get the seat post to stay in place. Its a D shaped seat post with a insert/expander in the seat post to keep it in place. Tried carbon paste, no carbon paste, tighten it to the recommended torgue of 6Nm even went up to 7 to see if it would make a difference but nada.

Any ideas out there? Anyone else with a Giant Revolt have a similar issue they have solved?

Reviving an old topic! :D

I have bought a Giant Revolt 0 gravel bike and cannot get the seat post to stay in place. Its a D shaped seat post with a insert/expander in the seat post to keep it in place. Tried carbon paste, no carbon paste, tighten it to the recommended torgue of 6Nm even went up to 7 to see if it would make a difference but nada.

Any ideas out there? Anyone else with a Giant Revolt have a similar issue they have solved?

Post some pictures please

No solution for you but that has to be the shittiest seat clamp design ive ever seen in my life.

From the looks of it the clamping point pushes against the post on one side only vs a conventional clamp that applies pressure all round.

Edited by DR ◣◢