FISHRAX recommendations in dealings please

Wolfie1

I saw them when I was looking for a carrier a while back, pricing looks pretty decent.

It does.....Have you dealt with Greg and does it seem legit?

See adverts on gumtree olx and amanzi.

In your search did you find any other racks and what was you final purchase? 

Look like nice products. Try www.menaboracks.co.za as a comparison. I bought my Menabo a few years ago and it's still going well. Service from Ian is good.

Look like nice products. Try www.menaboracks.co.za as a comparison. I bought my Menabo a few years ago and it's still going well. Service from Ian is good.

Thanks bud.

Sent him a mail to compare. 

If i may ask whats did you pay?

Spoke to Ian. Price include shipping but still a bit more expensive than the fishrax. Seems the decision has been made then.

I also have the menabo, bought it second hand. The only thing I don't like is the way it clamps the bike frame.

The menabo frame clamp is a closed end clamp, you have to unscrew, open the clamp, wrap around the frame, hook it in and tighten. This makes I difficult with oversize frames. Fishrax, thule, buzzrack clamps work on a 1 adjustment knob. it I open ended clamp. When you clamp it onto the bike frame it will tighten against the carrier frame . The same time. The menabo you first need to tighten and position the clamp before you clamp your bike.

• 1 month later...

Also bought roofrack from Greg, no issues. One cap fell (my fault) of he sent me one for free. Happy with his service and product!

• 2 weeks later...

I got the 3 bike rack about 4 months ago from Fishrax. The price is good and the quality of the rack is definitely comparable to others. I'd say the best value for money..

Taken it on some bumpy roads fully loaded and it's handled great!

Archived