Flat Pedals vs Flat SPD Pedals vs SPD Pedals

AlanD

http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.co.za/product/first-ascent-mens-free-rider-mountain-bike-shoes/4174

These shoes look fairly decent. Anybody here on the hub tried them ?

You wont be disappointed!!!! I have using these for about 7 months now and I am extremely happy with them!

I use them both on my Mallet 1 and on my Giant flats (I remove the cleat when running flats).

I was amazed at the grip these things have, you can actually walk in a mall with them and not feel like you are ice skating!

Only downside I found, With the Mallet 1 pedal I have to use 2 spacers per shoe for the cleat as the shoe itself grips like crazy to the platform!

They are probably lacking in grip for flat pedals if comparing them to 5tens and so on... but I wouldnt know about that since I cant afford 5tens :thumbdown:

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got some Giant Sealed Bearing pedals a few days ago. Was the best value for money i could find.

Going to test them today and tommorow.

Will post my feedback :-)

I have the model 1 step lower than this one (it doesnt have the awesome Hex bolt at the end, still have to use a pedal spanner). They work like a dream!!! Extremely grippy no matter what shoe i wear!

Yep that's the ones. I'm super impressed with mine, they do bite though so be careful... When pushing your bike [emoji5]

Moved the bike around in the living room before work... got to work bleeding... the struggle is real!

Archived