help with what my bike could be worth

BaGearA

Hi guys I have this GT I'm thinking of selling but im not sure how much to ask/ how much i wil get.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Happy ridding.

Specs: 

GT zaskar expert le alloy 6061 frame

ritchey headset

syncros stem

ryder 700mm handle bar

SLX brakes 180mm front 160mm rear

XT 2x crank with NW ring 32t

17 cog rear 

Rock shoc reba dual air 

Mavic crossmax SL 29' wheels

XT BB

Specialized ground control 2.35 tires

BIKE IS CURRENTLY SINGLE SPEED 

I WIL INCLUDE THE 10 SPEED XT CLUTCH REAR DER. SLX CASSETE ,CHAIN ,SLX SHIFTERS AND XT FRONT DER. INCL. 2x RINGS 38 AND 26

Bike was in for a major service recently and has not done more than 100km since.

Only thing that is maybe a problem the wheels have seen a lot of km's ,nothing wrong they just have more than their fair share of scratches , Freewheel still in excellent condition

post-46013-0-46518200-1452861281_thumb.jpg

http://www.olx.co.za/ad/mountain-bike-gt-karakoram-sport-29er-new-IDTRQWb.html#f3db799d8b

You have some nice upgraded components, but fail to mention the model. Depresiation of around 10% annualy. Postage needs to be calculated into the equation and then you could find yourself back at R7k. Markets are tough and Dual Suspension is the flavour of the day. Lastly, it is a heavy bike, I have the same (4.0). Try R7k if you feel lucky, R6.5k if you are desperate. Good luck. It is a never-say-die bike, love mine. 

For R8k rather strip it and sell it in parts... With those specs you should be able to get R10k+ I would have thought. If you stripped it you'd get close to R9k for the groupset, fork and wheels alone.

Your R16k asking price on Gumtree however might be a little optimistic - I'd start around R12k if I was you and see from there.

Your R16k asking price on Gumtree however might be a little optimistic - I'd start around R12k if I was you and see from there.

jip was very ballsy with that one i really hope to get around 11-12 K

Before everybody pounces I am basing this on the fact that you can pick up a Momsen SL729/929 with virtually full XT build and Reba fork for as little as R13k.

I know which I would pick.....

Before everybody pounces I am basing this on the fact that you can pick up a Momsen SL729/929 with virtually full XT build and Reba fork for as little as R13k.

I struggled to sell my 2011 Trance with XT and Fox for R8k a few months back but its all about who is willing to pay what!

single air fork and shitty wheels tho

www.bikehub.co.za/forum/classifieds/166761-momsen-sl-929-carbon-29er-for-sale/

Thats the ad I was refering to. Many more similarly specced and priced carbon frames HT's.

Like said before, supply and demand. At the moment the demand for XC HT's is dropping and there are plenty of great deals out there.

Anyway, your thread was for help then you posted the price you wanted to regardless.

GLWS.

Archived