Don't buy Topeak lights!

jmaccelari

I broke the handlebar lamp holder clip through my own clumsiness.Still works fine though.

I broke 2 of the clamps! Poor design/engineering from Topeak, just like the battery attachements that dont work properly!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Paul,

I've made a new website and just need to complete a few pages with new products and upload it... will be in the next 5 days.

New products:

Revelation-4 R5200-00 (960 lumens + 2x 350g battery packs) 5+ hours high beam total to 100+ hours low beam total. (5 levels)

Revelation-3 R4200-00 (5.5hrs high beam at 1000mA or 8 hours high beam at 750mA) 120 hours low beam. (5 levels) 

Revelation-1 R2000-00 (210 lumens for 11.5 hours) (440g)

Li-ion flashlight - R1100-00 - 220 lumens for 6 hours + holder + gun barrel mount. 

LED upgrade kit for Sigma Sport Nipack R900-00 (plug and play)

2 light modes, 7 led battery level indicator.

3.5 hours at 210 lumens (slightly brighter than Sigma 10W) and 7 hours at 110 lumens)

I'll let you know when available and work out a HUB member discount.

...just collected and connected my Revelation 3 from Brighter-Lights....the light out of this thing is insane!...can't wait till the sun disappears smiley4.gif

The quality of the service received from Jo and the quality of the product itself leaves me feeling more than satisfied that I received value for money. My Blackburn X8 just got relegated to my helmet smiley20.gif

Got a Revelation 3 myself, excellent light, and you have the advantage that should you have a single issue with the light, just one fonecall to the person that built the light and it'll get sorted, no importer, no agent, no middleman, no fuss...

I get to see Brighter Lights personally at least once a week, so I don't even need to call Clap

This morning in the morning bunch (5:30). I prep my Rev 3 to be on the highest setting, ride up behind the bunch and WHAM! I hit 'em with it. One oke goes, "Ok, ESKOM is here!".

Thanks Guys!

Yes, I'm just a phonecall away + your lights can be upgraded when much brighter LED's become available. 

What you need to do now is take a nice photo of you, your bike and your light at the next race! and email it to me.  

I'm adding a 'pimp my light' photo page on the new website!

We've been discussing it between friends who own decent lights and we all agree that the night riding/racing thing shoul be continued all year round... in summer it could get a bit late... but what's more fun than to ride with so much light in front of you!

Mr Brighter lights, Ichecked out your website and it is AWESOME what your lights can do, I am really impressed. As a fun rider, I tend to go out at 5:30 maybe once ,twice a week at that time of the morning.

Spending R3500 on a light you are going t use 15-20  times a year (Peak winter June to July is 9 weeks x 2 ) is a bit steep.

How about building a bang for the buck light in with approximately the performane of the Sigma Karma/Topeak Moonshine(when it works) for a better price. I just do not think I can justify the big price tag for limited use?

Great job anyway!!!!

Mr Brighter lights' date=' Ichecked out your website and it is AWESOME what your lights can do, I am really impressed. As a fun rider, I tend to go out at 5:30 maybe once ,twice a week at that time of the morning.

Spending R3500 on a light you are going t use 15-20  times a year (Peak winter June to July is 9 weeks x 2 ) is a bit steep.

How about building a bang for the buck light in with approximately the performane of the Sigma Karma/Topeak Moonshine(when it works) for a better price. I just do not think I can justify the big price tag for limited use?

Great job anyway!!!!

[/quote']

He's got a cheaper light. Look on one of the topics about "home made lights" or something. He's got one that outshines (pun intended) everything else for only R2000.

bontie, the Sigma upgrade (plug and play) is a VERY nice little light. BL made one up for my fiance and it PIMPS.

If you have a decent battery, just give its specs to BL and I think he will be able to throw together a head unit that will work off that battery.

I'm making more Revelation-1's today and wants to take more photos before I make it known... will be over the weekend...

Will also add the LUX measurements then.

Revelation-1 is slightly brighter than the Sigma 10W halogen but much whiter and runs 11.5 hours on its 350g battery. R2000

BL, can't you make replacements for the the insides of existing lights? Say I like my Sigma battery and light unit, can you just make the "derms" to slot into the head unit?

Mampara, if you have a Sigma lead acid or NiPack battery, get a Rev-1 that runs off it. My fiance has one, and it rocks.

I've modified a sigma 5W before but the problem is that tit's plastic and you have poor heat dissapation so you need to drive the led's at 350mA...

To drive it anywhere near 800 to 1000 mA, you need aluminium housing.

Thanx Azonic. I was just asking out of interest sake. I don't like the attachment that the Sigma battery comes with but I like the head unit. I will just go for the full Rev 1 set and know that everything is perfect.

Next Q. If you don't need the 11+ hrs of light but would like to get a second wider angle unit attached to 1 battery, will those attachements be comming?

I've been thinking about that for a long time and I tried several 2 LED lights but I've never been happy with the housings etc.

For now the Revelation-1 is fixed at 1 led... 

Regards

Jo

I'll post updates here  

Thanks Paul' date='

I've made a new website and just need to complete a few pages with new products and upload it... will be in the next 5 days.

New products:

Revelation-4 R5200-00 (960 lumens + 2x 350g battery packs) 5+ hours high beam total to 100+ hours low beam total. (5 levels)

I'll let you know when available and work out a HUB member discount.

[/quote']

DONNER!!!

Think you gonna melt trees with that thing...if you can call it a light!!!