Don't buy Topeak lights!

jmaccelari

Thanks Paul' date='

I've made a new website and just need to complete a few pages with new products and upload it... will be in the next 5 days.

New products:

Revelation-4 R5200-00 (960 lumens + 2x 350g battery packs) 5+ hours high beam total to 100+ hours low beam total. (5 levels)

Revelation-3 R4200-00 (5.5hrs high beam at 1000mA or 8 hours high beam at 750mA) 120 hours low beam. (5 levels) 

Revelation-1 R2000-00 (210 lumens for 11.5 hours) (440g)

Li-ion flashlight - R1100-00 - 220 lumens for 6 hours + holder + gun barrel mount. 

LED upgrade kit for Sigma Sport Nipack R900-00 (plug and play)

2 light modes, 7 led battery level indicator.

3.5 hours at 210 lumens (slightly brighter than Sigma 10W) and 7 hours at 110 lumens)

I'll let you know when available and work out a HUB member discount.

[/quote']

Excellent news! waiting in anticipation for your website update...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Revelation-4 is visble on gravel in bright sunlight... 1m away from gravel surface.  

The Revelation-3 is also visable in bright sunlight but not as obvious as the Revelation-4. Revelation-4 gives excellent light at 80m still.

The revelation-3 is still the most efficient light and best overall performance (burn time, weight, light) great light at 50m to 60m.

Brighter-Lights2008-06-04 07:01:13

I've just done a spreadsheet comparing some of the locally available lights & the SA made Brighter Light outperforms them all.  PM me if you want the s/sheet.

I use my Sigma Evo X Pro about 5 times a week during the winter. Its works great and I will not swop it for anything else.

The other day a small rubber at the back of the light, where the cable attaches securely, came lose and got lost. I could not get that small rubber at the local Supplier  in SA, so I e-mailed Sigma in Germany. Seven days later this piece of rubber  arrived in my post from Germany, free of charge. Thats now service!  Thanks Sigma!!

Sigma's service is great. I was doing a bit of research by myself to find out the specs of the NiPack, the amount of cells, their voltages etc, because I wanted to charge it with a fancy remote control car charger that I have (and not the crappy Sigma charger that came with my set). I e-mailed Sigma in Germany, the mail was bounced back to the south african dealers. He bounced it back to Germany and to the engineer that actually designed the NiPack. This oke got back to me with its precise specs. Great service.

However, I won't trade my Revelation 3 for anything else.

I use my Sigma Evo X Pro about 5 times a week during the winter. Its works great and I will not swop it for anything else.

I also like my Sigma Evo X and the only thing that makes me want to leave is the battery life. Almost 2 hours is just not enough. And 2k for the Brighter light equivalent with 11+ hours of life seems a fair deal.

I'm forum challenged.  I will upload the spreadsheet as soon as I work out how !

You need to Zip the file first (only zip file uploads are allowed).

Then use the File upload button forum_images/post_button_file_upload.gif top of the reply dialog (not quick reply).

Configuration changes to the Hub seem to break the file upload function from time to time, preventing file upload to some forums.

The file upload button is shown as I type this reply, so should work for this thread at the moment...

Alternative will be to upload the file to another server on the web and post a link to it.

Good advice, thanks. I recently bought a Knog gator 305 and am quite satisfied with it.

I did quite a bit of research before buying the Knog, but was stumped as there was no real comparison chart on the web for lights and every cyclist had a different story / preference. 

I had to learn the hard way and clocked a pothole in the dark, I hit the thing so hard it felt like I chipped my teeth. Needless to say, a set of rims later I can see where I'm going.

Regs

Doug

Does any know how the Blixem compares to the equivalent Brighter lights product ?

I don't think any commercial, or other diy project comes close to Brighter-Lights when comparing weight, output, burn time and price.

Can I get some specs of the bliksem lights?

Does any know how the Blixem compares to the equivalent Brighter lights product ?

The Blixem is only 480 lumens for 2.5 hrs for R2500.

• 1 year later...

Topeak problem?. Let me join you

<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I bought a topeak Moonshine with 3H/HID battery, was so impressed with it I got one for my wife as well. Had it for about 3 weeks and the battery died on me going down Chappies (when it was still open) at about 5:30am. Returned it to the dealer, they had to send it back to who ever.. and I was stuck without a proper light for 4 weeks before returning it. The wiring in the battery was loose because of mishandling! Cost R840 for new one. Now how can you mishandle a battery by disconnecting and reconnecting a unit that is fixed to your bike?

Ok, so then you pay, and happy again. Till a bout a month later when the battery of the unit my wife?s using wouldn?t work ? same problem, only the battery was now R910.

Beginning of this winter, SAME problem with my unit ? but it was replaced because of factory fault. The best still to come. The one that was replaced refused to start this morning ? but both lights does work ? checked with the one battery. Only I cannot ask the agent where I bought it to do anything ? they closed down recently. Please help. What can I do, where can I go to?