Berg and Bush 2016

BarHugger

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's not much climbing actually..

I was surprised myself. Not that much ascent at all for a 100k ride.

yar, the goodie bag clothes are medal enough, and you get to show them off/ strut around wearing them more often than wearing your "medal"

great event.

Yeah. I have a box of a couple of hundred medals from my racing days which mean nothing to me. I eventually stopped collecting them at the end of races.

The event vibe with goodie bag apparel is more than good enough for me.

Very true about not wearing the medal and it hanging on a wall or in a box...LOL.

Rather have something to wear more often.

Looking at some of the Youtube video's the course is well marked...is the suggested GPS really needed for the 3 day race?

Looking at some of the Youtube video's the course is well marked...is the suggested GPS really needed for the 3 day race?

As I understand it, this will be the 1st year that the gps navigation is introduced for B&B. A mailer was sent out to say that there will be no route markings this year...

As I understand it, this will be the 1st year that the gps navigation is introduced for B&B. A mailer was sent out to say that there will be no route markings this year...

Thank you Surprize, I have managed to sort out (borrow) a GPS for next week, just to be safe.

I think there might be a few guys ending up in Harrismith after day 1  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  

I'm sure it's only the racing snakes that need to be worried about following the GPS route. The rest of us just following the guys in front of us or the well used tracks! But have loaded the tracks onto my garmin just in case... 

Has anyone managed to find out their seeding ?

Yebo yes...phone SASEEDING, they will help you in 3.42 seconds FLAT  :thumbup:

They mention that a GPS is needed for the GT 3 day   :eek:  is that really the case, or can you wing it without one?

A friend told me he has done 2 already and he never used one at all...but would like to know what you guys think please? Thank you.

I've loaded the route into my phone, download the 'GPX Viewer' app and then save the route files. Shows the water points, profile and you can change the map to see the actual track as in Google Maps.

I've loaded the route into my phone, download the 'GPX Viewer' app and then save the route files. Shows the water points, profile and you can change the map to see the actual track as in Google Maps.

Awesome thanx Greg  :thumbup:  I am on the app store as I type...

I'm contemplating riding it on my 140mm Pascoe.

Or the demo Stage with a dropper post. Decisions.... decisions....

It's going to be the Pyga 140 with flat pedals, baggies, the works...  :w00t:

Archived