Berg and Bush 2016

BarHugger

Had a great time. Day 1 was was a bit too much road for us trail riders but we managed the boredom and it began and ended with some nice descents. I hope we didn't scare anyone too badly.  :ph34r:

The only mechanical we had was Sidewinder's Maxxis High Roller which kept on ejecting it's plugs on the dust roads. Luckily Andre scratched around and found a Minion in amongst all the Ardents :lol:

Day 3 we sessioned the Bell Run a couple of times for the camera people.  :clap:

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also had a rear WTB ejecting plugs on the last day.

had one in, started leaking...put another one next to it...and it kept on being ejected.

Had a brand new set of wolverines in the car at the event (was supposed to fit them BEFORE) and rode on my stuffed WTBs till the end.

Had to stop a couple of times at the water points to have the plugs clipped....

not sure where you showered but there were a lot more than 5.

Hi,

If you read my post, I made specific reference the showers closest to our camp. Yes, there were ample showers scattered all over the place but at over a km walk from our camp which was right at the end, it is not that practical. We only had 5 shower bays which serviced +-50 riders. Just some constructive criticism.

My first time on the 2day and really enjoyed it. Loved the fact that the awesome trails were not out to kill you from start to finish - each section had time to recover afterwards depending on your fitness/skill level. I think this makes it awesome riding as the trials are not there to punish you from start to finish.

My only gripe ( and really i am picking at stompies here) is that I would have loved some of that braai'd steak & sausage from the WP's for maybe a dinner  :clap:

Was a great race and very well organised.

Pro's:

* Chillzone - FREE BEER & awesome laid back setting along the Tugela River.

* Route - First time I have ridden berg & bush and the trails are sublime. Better than Sani2c in my humble opinion.

* Food - Really enjoyed the food and thought that there was a nice variety each day. This included the excellent water points.

* Spionkop - Thoroughly enjoyed the Spionkop history lesson, was very interesting & informative.

Cons:

* Ablutions - The ablutions were not up to scratch at our tented area (Furthest tents away from chillzone). I don't think 5 x showers/1 x basin was adequate for the amount of people. Think a bit of more effort could be put into this for years to come.

* Medal - I personally would of preferred a medal instead on the stem cap. Holds more value to me and can frame it with the other stage races that I have completed. Not a major gripe though.

But you guys go this after you finished, which is IMO much cooler than a medal

9bcf5f70d401d8d0b5d8b7a08b147af8.jpg

It is a nice alternative to a medal.

I'm not impressed with the Volvo branding tho. I did take one, will I fit it to my bike? not likely

It is a nice alternative to a medal.

I'm not impressed with the Volvo branding tho. I did take one, will I fit it to my bike? not likely

Tie a string to it and call it a medal[emoji12]

2017 event dates

Descent: 6 – 8 October

Great Trek: 10 – 12 October

2 Day Original: 14 & 15 October

Entries open 1st February 2017...tick-tock  :thumbup:

:w00t:  :ph34r: 

Archived