Lol

Talking of ToC... What a disappointing performance by Didata, not sure what they we're trying to achieve there.

Why do you say this.

They went for sprints. Got a first, second and Fourth place and on last day, Reinhardt punctured 2 km's from the line with him being the designated sprinter.

So not to bad , Would have been better if they won all four of those stages though.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rio olympics, Nino vs Sagz vs Julian, now that would be a race to talk your grandkids about someday.

You're forgetting Cool Harvey. Now that would be an epic four way battle!

Sent from my GT-S6790 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Love The SAGZ's response at minute 4:01 - 4:10 during the interview

Enjoy @Gen

• 1 month later...

And in other news.. for next year's Flanders we see the return of the Muur[emoji122] [emoji122]

And in other news.. for next year's Flanders we see the return of the Muur[emoji122] [emoji122]

Saw that

Coolness

The last 75 kms remain the same somehow ????

Ja, great to see. Although it's going to be climbed relatively early in the race, so is really just a nod to tradition and to the demands of the fans.

To be in the middle of that mad crowd on the inside corner of the Muur, right in the middle of the Tour of Flanders... it's right up there in my top 3 must-do-before-I-die on my bucket list....

I've been told by a guy who's experienced it himself a number of years ago that it's something you'll never forget - that wall of noise - especially if there's a Belgian leading up the climb.

That final bend towards the old chapel at the top is where the gradient has ratcheted up to 20%. And it' where the fanatical fans stand 20 deep, packed in a dense heaving mass.

Alessandro Ballan (who won the 2007 Flanders when he attacked on the Muur) had this to say:

"Unless you've experienced it, you really can't understand what it's like when you first glimpse the chapel at the top. 'You can't hear yourself think' is supposedly just a figure of speech, but I realised what that means on the Muur. It's a sensation and a noise that you'll never recreate anywhere else."

A big part of it is because the fans are literally just inches away from the riders, screaming with all they've got:

One day. One day...

post-22004-0-58833000-1466441395_thumb.jpg

post-22004-0-78765400-1466441409_thumb.jpg

post-22004-0-59823800-1466441618_thumb.jpg

post-22004-0-21680800-1466441638_thumb.jpg

Yet another superb post from tombeej ????

Yeah he is quite handy hey[emoji6]

• 3 months later...

Here's the lead group:

Fabio Aru, Diego Rosa (Astana), Romain Bardet, Pierre Latour (AG2R), Esteban Chaves (Orica-BikeExchange), Alejandro Valverde, Giovanni Visconti (Movistar), Rigoberto Uran, Davide Villella (Cannondale), Gianluca Brambilla, David de la Cruz (Etixx-QuickStep), Warren Barguil (Giant-Alpecin), Alessandro de Marchi (BMC), Robert Gesink (LottoNL-Jumbo), Rodolfo Torres (Androni), Rudy Molard (Cofidis).

43km remaining from 240km

Diego Rosa leads the group. He's doing all the work here as he looks to set Fabio Aru up for victory.

Archived