Unacceptable behaviour at Sabie half marathon

Subpar68

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I observed a very unpleasant incident at the finishing line at Sabie on Sunday. A half marathon participant tossed his bike into the hospitality area just before the finishing line and followed the horrendous act by tossing his helmet over too. He then walked over the line and only later came and to fetch his bike an helmet.

His unacceptable behaviour deserves stern disciplinary action by the covering body in form of a lengthy suspension from the sport. He must learn to respect others and the values of the sport. My view is that this participant has to named and shamed to prevent future rants in public.

Subpar - for a first post and in golfing terms definately Subpar for the course. The guy was a 17km rider and had a spectacular wipe-out caused by him lying on his bars. There was no "unpleasant issue" which you refer to. I was standing less than 10m from the incident and the "tossing" of the helmet saved him some face. The bike landed in the sponsors tent and if you observed correctly you would have noted him wearing the sponsors shirt, so in terms of his way of dismounting he mearly gently placed his helmet next to his bike.

Subpar - for a first post and in golfing terms definately Subpar for the course. The guy was a 17km rider and had a spectacular wipe-out caused by him lying on his bars. There was no "unpleasant issue" which you refer to. I was standing less than 10m from the incident and the "tossing" of the helmet saved him some face. The bike landed in the sponsors tent and if you observed correctly you would have noted him wearing the sponsors shirt, so in terms of his way of dismounting he mearly gently placed his helmet next to his bike.

No no no, you can clearly see he hits a divot and wobbles, but then het gets quite agro seeing that the laaitie beat him and continues to throw his toys (literally his bike) over the fence. Uncalled for. And then the audacity to throw his helmet as well. I hope he gets suspended or something.

No no no, you can clearly see he hits a divot and wobbles, but then het gets quite agro seeing that the laaitie beat him and continues to throw his toys (literally his bike) over the fence. Uncalled for. And then the audacity to throw his helmet as well. I hope he gets suspended or something.

How can you punish a guy who has just made a total ass of himself in a very embarassing wipeout.

Option 1 crawl under the fence

Option 2 stop take a bow and applaud the crowds

Option 3 walk ways pi$$ed off and mad at yourself.

Rider took option 3 and event the race comm felt sorry for him.