Unacceptable behaviour at Sabie half marathon

Subpar68

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jissie ek't nou lekker gelag.

The only thing that was tossed into the beer tent (I do love it when they refer to the beer tent as the hospitality blah blah) was that poor rider's ego. Masterfully done...

I am still trying to figure out if the OP is a box or a genius .

I think the OP is brilliant. Best first post. Ever. 

Jan is also a cool dude.

But then again, the two might be in cahoots.

As to who saved whom from greate injury: I am on a written warning from my employer not to comment on matters of faith(e). Pity, because the dismount and disposal of the bike was out of this worlde.

Edited by Mr Legs

Jan is my friend and he did not thrown his bike over,actually his he did the 17 km fun race and he's hands was pins and needles at the end so he couldn't hold his handelbar tight.On the video you can see he tosses he helmet over the fence because his wife was just sitting next to the fence in the vip tent.So please keep your bad comments for your self!!!!

We can only thank our Greate Father he is OK!!!

This thread keeps getting better and better!  :lol:  :lol:

Somebody stick that bad boy on youtube - that'll monetarise on no time!

I reckon this could be the new "planking" - soon Sagan will be doing it at the end of every race.

I give that rider a 10 /10 for execution.. brilliantly done and the helmet pass to his wife was the cherry on top. .

I think the OP is brilliant. Best first post. Ever. 

Jan is also a cool dude.

But then again, the two might be in cahoots.

My summation is the OP probably only saw the end result of the bike flying through the beer-tent and the rider chucking the helmet, the rest was filled in by hearsay from fellow spectators and in the end the context is key in a story like this.

I am a connoisseur of the Sarcastic postings, this my friends I summarise was not the intent of the OP. 

I concur with a previous poster that we need a universal indication of sarcasm, as a lack of such leaves the backdoor open to a ranter to claim sarcasm.

I have been proposing the {Sarcasm Brackets}  {..with great affect as it is clearly visible in all of these types of forums) :whistling: 

Agree with all previous observations that this is the best thread of 2016. For that alone, we thank you OP.

Agh come on now OP....come back and give us your thoughts now on your Subpar comments :eek:

Better a subpar68 than a subpar69. Give him a break, we were all innocent once. (In the rules of parking the bike, I mean)

My summation is the OP probably only saw the end result of the bike flying through the beer-tent and the rider chucking the helmet, the rest was filled in by hearsay from fellow spectators and in the end the context is key in a story like this.

I am a connoisseur of the Sarcastic postings, this my friends I summarise was not the intent of the OP. 

I concur with a previous poster that we need a universal indication of sarcasm, as a lack of such leaves the backdoor open to a ranter to claim sarcasm.

I have been proposing the {Sarcasm Brackets}  {..with great affect as it is clearly visible in all of these types of forums) :whistling: 

Agree with all previous observations that this is the best thread of 2016. For that alone, we thank you OP.

I tend to agree, I suspect that shortly after the 'toss', the OP was rushed off to the medics to have a large chainring extracted from his leg followed by some sutures. If the dude that damaged me like that nonchalantly tossed his helmet in my direction, I too would be a bit grumpy about the situation

Makes me feel a bit better about my massively over-vealous under-skilled jump which got way too much air at the end of day 3 of the 3 Towers last year which resulted in a buckled front wheel, substantial skin loss and bruising - my only wish is that someone had caught it on camera too!