Event Name: Bielie Mielie MTB Classic- Partially JoBurg2C’s Day 2 & 3
When: 12 March 2016
Where: Bielie Mielie Show Grounds, Reitz, Freestate
Category: MTB

Get familiar with the best of
joBurg2C
’s Day 2 & 3 route! Now for the first time an
SASeeding
event timed by BoutTime.co.za in preparation of the joBurg2C. The race will serve as a great training ride to test your fitness prior of the joBurg2C as well as your Garmin GPS navigation skills (or other device), NavWorld will be at the race to assist you with any GPS queries you might have and will have stock available at discounted prices to buy.

If you are not entered for the joBurg2C, come and join us for one of South Africa’s greatest MTB Classics, enjoy the beautiful scenery after the long awaited rain, the famous Free State Koeksisters and the friendly farmers opening their farms for the race.

There will be 4 fabulous water points on route manned by friendly faces and stocked with Coke, Koeksisters, Energade, Banana’s, Bar-One’s & baby Potatoes. There will also be chain lube available and lens cleaning stations etc.

The best burgers in the Free State will be sold at the finish line along with ice cold beers, ciders, wine & cool drinks.

The route takes a clover leaf format from Reitz and includes parts of day two and day three of the Old Mutual joBerg2c. “Expect mielies and mielies of singletrack, real tractors, proper Afrikaans farmers and grazing gazing cattle,” says Wappo. Of course you don’t have to tackle all 101-kays and there is a shorter 60kay option – vibes and views still guaranteed.

Well that’s just about enough motivation for us.

Enter before 1 March and receive a free T-Shirt as well.

Check out our
for the latest updates.

Go to Event Page

Done the 120km (113km actual distance) a couple of times. The 100km looks a bit easier with the climbs after the old 1st water point (26km mark) not being there anymore. From what I can gather is that the old route gets diverted at around the 17km mark and then joins again at the 40km mark. 

https://www.strava.com/activities/268097827

It is a great day out though and a very well organised event. We are camping there on Friday night for the first time. Any other Bike Hubbers going?

Done the 120km (113km actual distance) a couple of times. The 100km looks a bit easier with the climbs after the old 1st water point (26km mark) not being there anymore. From what I can gather is that the old route gets diverted at around the 17km mark and then joins again at the 40km mark. 

https://www.strava.com/activities/268097827

It is a great day out though and a very well organised event. We are camping there on Friday night for the first time. Any other Bike Hubbers going?

Also Camping there for the week end.  Will be on the Tandem.  Maybe we could have a cold one after the event

• 2 weeks later...